Contact an Advisor Before you Apply
Spring 2014 Applicants: Apply Now!
BEFORE YOU APPLY
- The BSN program is offered in Spokane, Tri-Cities, and Yakima.
- Students must complete College of Nursing prerequisite courses and either the WSU General Education Requirements (GERs) or the WSU University Common Requirements (UCORE) or equivalent course work. Students who entered the University prior to fall 2012 must complete WSU GERs. Students who enter the University fall 2012 and after as freshmen or fall 2013 and after as transfer students must complete the UCORE requirements.
- Applicants must be advised by their pre-nursing advisor at their respective school.
- Students must be admitted to one of the consortium institutions—Eastern Washington University, Washington State University, or Whitworth University—for admission as a consortium student. All others will be considered transfer students.
- Summer courses cannot be considered for fall admission or enrollment. DO NOT apply for fall unless you plan to complete all College of Nursing prerequisite courses and WSU's GERs or WSU's UCORE by the end of spring.
- If you are already an RN and want to pursue your BSN, look at our RN-BSN program option.
- Applicants must be at junior standing (60 semester credits/90 quarter credits).
- Favorable evaluation of all information in the application file by the Undergraduate Admissions and Progression Committee at the College of Nursing.
- WSU General Education Requirements (GERs) or WSU University Common Requirements (UCORE) or equivalent course work must be completed prior to application. Students who entered the University prior to fall 2012 must complete WSU GERs. Students who enter the University fall 2012 and after as freshmen or fall 2013 and after as transfer students must complete the UCORE requirements.
- All college course work - Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- College of Nursing’s prerequisite courses- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Minimum grade for each prerequisite course - 2.0 (pass/satisfactory grades and CLEP scores are not accepted).
- No more than three prerequisite courses may be in progress during the final quarter/semester of lower division requisite coursework.
- All coursework must be completed by the end of the spring term for fall admission, or by the end the fall term for spring admission.
- Students are required to submit evidence of first aid certification, CPR certification, immunization records, and completed tuberculosis testing, which must be obtained prior to entering the nursing program.
- Clinical placement is contingent upon a satisfactory criminal background clearance.
- National Background Clearance and Liability Insurance upon acceptance to the College of Nursing.
APPLY TO THE BSN PROGRAM
- The College of Nursing uses a Centralized Application Service (CAS). All students applying to the BSN program apply through the CAS.
- The CAS application fee is $45.00.
- Applicants select the (one) campus they plan on attending: Spokane, Tri-Cities, or Yakima.
- Current home and email addresses must be included in your CAS application.
- The application process opens twice a year. Please refer to our BSN application instructions and deadlines for more information.
- All official transcripts must be received by Nursing CAS by the designated deadline. Please refer to our BSN application instructions and deadlines for more information.
- DO NOT apply to WSU at this time. If you are selected to interview, you will receive instructions to apply to the University at that time.
AFTER APPLYING TO THE BSN PROGRAM
- The College of Nursing does not review letters of recommendation or personal essays. Please do not send them to Nursing CAS or to the College of Nursing.
- You will be notified if you have been selected for the interview process after submitting your application. Please refer to our BSN application instructions and deadlines for more information on when to expect this notification.
- If you are invited for a personal interview, you must participate in it to complete the application process. Telephone interviews are not accepted.
- If you do not complete all requirements in your last quarter or semester prior to admission with a 2.0 grade or higher, or if you fail a prerequisite course, your application will not be considered.