The College of Nursing identifies new priorities each year through thoughtful consideration. To further our mission, we invite you to help the programs grow in excellence by supporting the following initiatives.
Doctor of Nursing Practice Fund
To recognize and honor their transition to the doctorate level of nursing education, the WSU College of Nursing will provide each Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) student with a white coat. The white coat symbolizes a standard of professionalism and caring that WSU DNP students will uphold as they wear their white coats while completing clinical/practicum hours and into their careers.
This new tradition will start in the spring of 2024 with White Coat Ceremonies held at WSU Vancouver and WSU Spokane. Please join us in starting this new tradition by sponsoring a white coat for a DNP student!
Thankful for scholarships.
We review hundreds of scholarship applications each year. And though we are not yet able to award a scholarship to every student who applies, this year we came pretty close.
With your help, we were able to award
$200,000 to over 130 students for Spring 2023.
I am extremely honored to be a recipient of these scholarships…I was just thinking about applying for a job next semester that won’t take time away from studying or practicing my skills since I do have a long commute to school all week. But thanks to these scholarships, I feel more at peace that I continue to focus entirely on the nursing program.BSN student, Tri-Cities Campus
How to give
There are additional funds benefiting the College of Nursing, see the options by clicking the button below..
To provide your gift by check, please make it out to the WSU Foundation, include what fund(s) you are contributing to, and mail to the following address:
WSU College of Nursing
Attn: Development Office
412 E. Spokane Falls Blvd.
Spokane, WA 99202
Other ways to give
‘There are many ways you can give to the college, including planned giving, endowments, and matching gifts. Many people are surprised to learn that smart estate planning can take advantage of gift planning strategies with many attractive benefits, such as increased income, reduced taxes, and an opportunity to see their gift at work.
- Gift and estate planning – By including the college in your estate or financial plans, you will make a lasting difference and provide opportunities to future generations.
- Endowed gifts – Endowments are a particularly powerful investment in the college’s future because they deliver a dependable, perpetual source of funding.
- Matching gifts – Many employers will match their employees’ donations. Some employers will even match the gifts of retired employees, spouses, parents, and even contributions from their board of directors.
- Stock and securities – Gifts of marketable stocks or securities shares that have appreciated can have an immediate impact on the college while creating a favorable income tax deduction for you based on the assets’ current value.
- IRA charitable rollover – A tax-saving way to help the college with a gift from your IRA.
Questions about giving? Contact our development team: