Although this scholarship program is specific to College of Nursing students, there are a number of other scholarship and funding opportunities available through the University and outside institutions. You can apply for University wide support and find a list of outside scholarship opportunities online.
How to apply
Fall Scholarship Deadlines
February 1st and March 31st
for Fall funding
Spring Scholarship Deadlines
September 1st and October 30th
for Spring funding
- Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Some scholarships are based on financial need, so it’s important to complete this prior to applying. Note: International and graduate students are exempt.
- Apply online through the College of Nursing Scholarship portal. To access the application, use the “Sign In” button and log in with your WSU Network ID and password.
- Please review our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) page.
Hints to completing the online College of Nursing scholarship application:
- Make sure to indicate your current intended major or area of study. Some scholarships are awarded based on that information.
- All applications are reviewed by our scholarship committee. Pay close attention to essay questions and be thoughtful and detailed in your responses.
- If you are experiencing financial hardship, make sure to thoroughly address that in your essay responses. The committee will consider that information when making scholarship award decisions.
- For questions regarding the scholarship process, application, or awarding please contact: email@example.com
Many scholarships have been established by donors, friends, and alumni who are committed to the education of Cougar nurses. Because of their generous support, the College of Nursing provided more than $255,000 in scholarships to nursing students in the 2020-21 academic year. To learn more about how you can contribute to scholarships at WSU, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
While it’s true the majority of scholarship awards are made in the spring for the upcoming academic year, scholarships are awarded year-round for the fall and spring terms.
The WSU General Scholarship Application becomes available in the fall (usually September) and is due January 31st. Complete this application every year to make sure you’re considered for all the available awards.
Deadlines for non-WSU scholarships vary widely, and new awards can be created at any time. Check our scholarship database frequently to make sure you don’t miss any opportunities.