Although this scholarship program is specific to College of Nursing students, there are a number of other scholarship and funding opportunities available through the University and outside institutions. You can apply for University wide support and find a list of outside scholarship opportunities online.
How to apply
The scholarship application portal will open September 1, 2021. Students will be invited to apply when the application opens. All applications must be submitted by September 30, 2021.
- Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Some scholarships are based on financial need, so it’s important to complete this prior to applying. Note: International and graduate students are exempt.
- Apply online through the College of Nursing Scholarship portal. To access the application, use the “Sign In” button and log in with your WSU Network ID and password.
- Please review our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) page.
Hints to completing the online College of Nursing scholarship application:
- Make sure to indicate your current intended major or area of study. Some scholarships are awarded based on that information.
- All applications are reviewed by our scholarship committee. Pay close attention to essay questions and be thoughtful and detailed in your responses.
- If you are experiencing financial hardship, make sure to thoroughly address that in your essay responses. The committee will consider that information when making scholarship award decisions.
- For questions regarding the scholarship process, application, or awarding please contact:
Many scholarships have been established by donors, friends, and alumni who are committed to the education of Cougar nurses. Because of their generous support, the College of Nursing provided more than $310,450 in scholarships to nursing students in the 2019-20 academic year. To learn more about how you can contribute to scholarships at WSU, contact: