The Breastfeeding Relationship Study 2022-23
Breastfeeding Relationship Study 2022-2023
Washington State University College of Nursing is conducting a study to compare differences in the breastfeeding relationship and maternal emotions before and after mothers return to work among three groups of mothers who plan to:
- return to work/school outside of the home before 24 weeks,
- return to work/school from home (e.g., telework, online education) before 24 weeks, or
- stay home full-time with their infants.
We are seeking breastfeeding mothers who:
- Have started direct breastfeeding after childbirth
- Want to continue to direct breastfeeding at least once a day regardless of whether they plan to return to work or not
- Have a healthy full-term single baby
- Are 3-4 weeks postpartum
- Are currently staying at home with your baby
- Can speak, write, and read English
- Are 18 years or older
- Are willing to be followed up at 12, 20, and 24 weeks
Participating mothers will be asked to fill out a questionnaire. The initial questionnaire will take 15-20 minutes to completewhilethe subsequent questionnaire will take 10-15 minutes.
We will send you a $10 Amazon gift card after the completion of each questionnaire (total of $40).
This study is made available through a grant from the Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing.
This study has been certified as exempt from the need for review by the Washington State University Institutional Review Board.
If you are interested in the study, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your contributions to participating in our breastfeeding study will help us better serve mothers to sustain their breastfeeding while working/going to school.
– The Breastfeeding Relationship Study Team
Natsuko Wood, PhD, RN
WSU College of Nursing
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email or phone, (509) 324-7397.