WSNF Awards Scholarships to Outstanding WSU College of Nursing Students

Rainer, Felchlin receive WSNA Scholarships

The Washington State Nurses Foundation (WSNF) announced the recipients of their 2023 scholarships, recognizing the dedication and potential of nursing students across the state. Among the awardees are two undergraduate students from the Washington State University College of Nursing, Haven Rainer and Jamie Felchlin.

Haven Rainer, an honors student enrolled in the BSN program at the Washington State University College of Nursing, envisions a future where she can work with mothers and babies, particularly in smaller rural hospitals, to address disparate access to maternal care. Haven shared her appreciation for the scholarship, stating,

Haven Rainer

“Receiving this scholarship will allow me to put all my energy and focus into completing my educational career on a high note and transition smoothly into the profession. Not only does this scholarship relieve my financial burden, but it also tells me I am seen as a leader in our current and future profession, which is such an honor.”

Jamie Felchlin, who is pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) at the Washington State University College of Nursing with an expected graduation date of May 2024, aspires to be a pillar of support and resource for families and patients during their most challenging times. Jamie expressed her gratitude, saying,

“Thank you so much to the Washington State Nurses Foundation for extending these scholarships to me. With these contributions, I will strive for my best in my education and in all the lives I touch. With your generosity, I will work to change the world around me for the better and continue to spread love and generosity to others.”

These scholarships from the Washington State Nurses Foundation, totaling $45,000, exemplify the organization’s commitment to supporting the next generation of nursing professionals and making a positive impact on healthcare in Washington state. The WSNF scholarships aim to empower students like Felchlin and Rainer to excel in their studies and reach their goals of providing compassionate and high-quality care to patients and communities.

For more information about the Washington State Nurses Foundation and their scholarship programs, please visit https://www.wsna.org/.