Dr. Janessa Graves elected to WSPHA board

Janessa Graves

Dr. Janessa Graves of the WSU College of Nursing has been elected to the board of the Washington State Public Health Association.

Graves, an associate professor and assistant dean of undergraduate and community research, will serve a two-year term.

“I was trained in the public health field and feel strongly that this discipline encompasses all parts of our lives,” Graves said. “Indeed, public health means clean air, safe workplaces, community health workers helping families, injury prevention efforts, and policies intended to address inequities in access, availability, quality, or costs of healthcare.”

Graves has a Master of Public Health degree in environmental and occupational health and a PhD in health services research from the University of Washington.

The Washington State Public Health Association is a nonprofit organization whose members work in healthcare, public health and other fields dedicated to improving the health and safety of people and communities.

Said Graves, “I am incredibly honored and excited to take on a leadership role at WSPHA, where I can work with my colleagues to support and shape public health efforts in Washington for the coming years.”