Convocation is the WSU College of Nursing’s traditional pinning ceremony, where nursing faculty welcome prelicensure BSN graduates into the profession by bestowing a nursing pin. We also celebrate our graduate students and RN-BSN graduates at the Convocation ceremony.
Convocation is different than Commencement, which is the traditional graduation ceremony featuring campus and university administrators and students from different colleges. Separate Commencement ceremonies are held on each campus.
Note: Doctoral students will be hooded at both Convocation and Commencement if they choose to participate in both ceremonies.
Where & When:
- Students in Spokane are asked to wear academic regalia – caps and gowns – to both Convocation and Commencement.
- Students in Yakima are asked to wear gowns for Convocation.
- Students in the Tri-Cities are asked to wear their “best dress” (professional business attire).
This year, our WSU College of Nursing development office purchased custom pins for all pre-licensure BSN students that echo the design of our historic College of Nursing pins. You do not need to purchase this pin.
Links to apply to graduate and register to walk:
Each campus has a separate website for this:
- WSU Pullman – Registration opens Thursday, September 15 – November 9, 2022.
- WSU Tri-Cities – Registration details coming soon.