Spring 2023 Graduation Ceremonies
Convocation is the WSU College of Nursing’s traditional pinning ceremony, where nursing faculty welcome prelicensure BSN graduates into the profession by bestowing a nursing pin. We also celebrate our graduate students and RN-BSN graduates at the Convocation ceremony. Some campuses combine convocation with commencement.
Commencement is the traditional graduation ceremony featuring campus and university administrators and students from different colleges. Commencement ceremonies are held on each campus.
Note: Doctoral students will be hooded at both Convocation and Commencement if they choose to participate in both ceremonies.
Where & When:
Spokane Commencement & Convocation Spring 2023
Time: May 5 @ 3:00 pm
Tri-Cities Convocation Spring 2023
Time: May 4 @ 5:00 pm
Yakima Convocation May 2023
Time: May 4 @ 2:00 pm
Links to apply to graduate and register to walk at commencement:
Each campus has a separate website for commencement ceremonies:
- WSU Spokane Convocation & Commencement– Register online https://nursing.wsu.edu/rsvp-spokane-commencement-convocation-spring-2023/
- WSU Tri-Cities Commencement – Registration online https://tricities.wsu.edu/commencement/
- WSU Vancouver Commencement – Registration online https://studentaffairs.vancouver.wsu.edu/registrars-office/commencement
- WSU Pullman Commencement– Register online: https://commencement.wsu.edu
- Students in Spokane are asked to wear academic regalia – caps and gowns – to both Convocation and Commencement.
- Students in the Tri-Cities are asked to wear their “best dress” (professional business attire).
- Students in Vancouver are asked to wear academic regalia – caps and gowns – for Convocation.
- Students in Yakima are asked to wear gowns for Convocation.
Cap and gown information
- Herff Jones order link – https://colleges.herffjones.com/college/washst/
- Note for PhD graduates – you will order a PhD hood (Blue) from the PhD choice. Please do not select the DNP/Nursing hood (Peach)
This year, our WSU College of Nursing development office purchased custom pins for all pre-licensure BSN and RN-BSN students that echo the design of our historic College of Nursing pins. You do not need to purchase this pin.