PhD Admission Requirements
Apply for our 2020 cohort!
- A master’s degree from an accredited program (a baccalaureate degree from a nationally accredited program if you are interested in the bacc-PhD program)
- A minimum GPA of 3.5 or higher in the master’s program
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for applicants from countries where English is not the primary language
- Official transcripts from all previous college work
- Proof of registered nurse (RN) licensure
NOTE: We will make special accommodations for international students
- Curriculum vitae or résumé
Scholarly Work and Research Goal Statement
- Submission of scholarly work – see Steps to Apply page for more info.
- Submission of a “Program Intent and Goals Statement” – see Steps to Apply page for more info.
- 3 letters of reference
- Successful completion of an admissions phone interview
Additional Admission Requirements
For a complete list of nursing requirements for newly admitted students, visit our Admitted Students section.
- Admission Requirements
- Tuition Cost
- Meet our PhD Students
- Program Outcomes
509-324-7445 SNURS 127