Good Shepherd Health Care System
MFM Ultrasound Tech
Sign On Bonus $10,000
Provide health care services, applying sonic energy to assist in diagnosis or treatment while performing ultrasonic imaging and related procedures for OB/GYN, with general US exposure if desired. Demonstrates anatomy for interpretation and/or intervention by, or at the request of a licensed practitioner and/or Maternal Fetal Medicine Perinatologist. Exercises professional judgment in performance of services and maintains a demeanor complementary to medical ethics. Applies appropriate patient care and recognizes patient conditions essential for successful completion of the procedure.
- Performs diagnostic procedures; scans including but not limited to Detailed Anatomy, Multiples, Twin to Twin checks, and fetal dopplers.
- Corroborates patient’s clinical history with procedure, assuring information is documented and available for use by a licensed practitioner.
- Prepares patient for procedures; provides instructions to obtain desired results, gain cooperation, and minimize anxiety.
- Selects and operates ultrasound equipment, and associated devices to achieve desired results.
- Positions patient and equipment to best demonstrate anatomic area of interest, respecting patient ability and comfort.
- Immobilizes patients as required for appropriate examination.
- Determines ultrasonic frequencies and appropriate transducers for the anatomic area of interest.
- Evaluates images for technical quality, assuring proper identification is recorded.
- Verifies informed consent for, and assists a licensed practitioner with, interventional procedures.
- Practices aseptic techniques as necessary.
- Assumes responsibility for provision of physical and emotional needs of patients during procedures.
- In agreement with state statute(s) and/or where institutional policy permits: prepares, identifies, and/or administers contrast media and/or medications as prescribed by a licensed practitioner.
- Initiates basic life support action when necessary.
- Maintains knowledge of and observes Universal precautions.
- Provides patient education.
- Assists in maintaining records, respecting confidentiality and established policy.
- Assumes responsibility for assigned area and report equipment malfunction.
- Provides input for equipment purchase and supply decisions.
- Provides practical instruction for students and/or other health care professionals.
- Participates in the department’s quality assessment and improvement plan. May be responsible for specific quality control duties in the assigned area.
- May be responsible for control of inventory and purchase of supplies for the assigned area.
- Understands and applies patient relations skills.
- Pursues the appropriate continuing education needed to maintain license or certification.
- Accomplishes other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of Committee of Allied Health Education and Accreditation (CAHEA) accredited sonography program or equivalent.
- Certification by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers, or equivalent approved certification with current OB experience.
- Licensed in the State of Oregon as Ultrasonographer or Radiologic Technologist/Sonographer.
- MFM experience strongly encouraged, but not required.
- Bilingual and/or English-Spanish speaking preferred. Ability to work with culturally diverse population.
Contact Emaisl Address
Contact Phone Number