Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Long Term Care – Yakima, WA
$40,000 Student Loan Repayment or $30,000 Sign-on Bonus for individuals who have not previously participated in this program.
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
We’re fast becoming the nation’s largest employer of Nurse Practitioners; offering a superior professional environment and incredible opportunities to make a difference in the lives of patients. This growth is not only a testament to our model’s success but the efforts, care, and commitment of our Nurse Practitioners.
The Senior Community Care (SCC) program is a longitudinal, integrated care delivery program that coordinates the delivery and provision of clinical care of members in a facility setting. The APC within SCC provides care to our highest-risk health plan members and is part of an interdisciplinary team.
In this role you will have the ability to achieve work life balance. Flexible scheduling offered where providers can flex their time over the 7-day work week. No on-call, no weekends, and no holidays required. Optum is transforming care delivery with innovative and personal care. As one of the largest employers of APCs, Optum offers unparalleled career development opportunities.
- Conduct comprehensive assessments
- Manage members through an acute medical situation or an exacerbation of a chronic condition, including testing, diagnostics, interventions
- Manage members during a short term sub-acute rehabilitation episode
- Ensure accurate and complete documentation, including ICD 10 conditions
- Communicate and collaborate with the interdisciplinary care team
- Conduct advanced illness and advanced care planning conversations
- Provide patients and caregivers with counseling and education
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
Active and unrestricted license in the state which you reside, or ability to obtain by start date
- NP: Graduate of an accredited Master of Science Nursing or Doctor of Nursing Practice program
- PA: Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant degree program
- Active Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant certification through a national board:
- NP: Board certified through the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners or the American Nurses Credentialing Center, with certification in one of the following:
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Adult Nurse Practitioner
- Gerontology Nurse Practitioner
- Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- PA: Board certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- Current, active DEA licensure/prescriptive authority or ability to obtain post-hire, per state regulations (unless prohibited in state of practice).
- Ability to complete physical requirements of the job including lifting a 30-pound bag in and out of the car, navigating stairs and a variety of dwelling conditions, and sit, stand, and kneel to perform physical assessment
- Access to reliable transportation
- Ability to gain a collaborative practice agreement, if applicable in your state
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 1+ years of clinical experience in practice (long-term care setting preferred)
- Experience in meeting the medical needs of patients with complex behavioral, social and/or functional needs
- Understanding of Geriatrics and Chronic Illness
- Understanding of Advanced Illness and end of life discussions
- Proficient computer skills including the ability to document medical information with written and electronic medical records
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
PLEASE NOTE Employees must be in an active regular status. Employees must remain in role for a minimum of 12 months from the date of hire /rehire/transfer. If an employee leaves Home and Community, the student loan repayments will cease. The employee must remain in an Advanced Practice Clinician or Physician role within Home and Community for 36 months to receive the full benefit of the student loan repayments.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Contact Email Address
Contact Phone Number