YMCA of Greater Seattle
Camp’s Nurse oversees the health and safety of camp’s staff and campers at Camp Colman on the beautiful Key Peninsula in Longbranch, WA. The Nurse is responsible for the Health Center and works closely with our team of volunteer medical staff. The Nurse supervises a small team of Health Aides, oversees the dispensing of camper and staff medications and monitors the overall health and wellbeing of the entire camp community. Applicants with nursing or health care experience preferred.
To learn more about working with Camp & Outdoor Leadership at the Y, please visit us online at www.campingandoutdoorleadership.org
WHAT YOU’LL GET FROM WORKING AT THE Y
• Membership to the YMCA of Greater Seattle
• Free access to mental health resources
• Rapidly-accruing paid time off (PTO) available immediately upon hire
Up to $500 Stay Bonus!
As of March 12, 2022 COVID Vaccinations Requirements for this role are Highly Recommended. Certain programs at the Y of Greater Seattle may require proof of vaccination, in compliance with local state and federal guidelines. If applicable will be assigned within onboarding. To see requirements for each program within our association, click here.
- Ensures each staff member and camper has a health and examination form on file.
- Sets up a system for health screening for arriving campers and staff, as well as a system for health screening for trips out-of-camp.
- Conducts inventory of supplies and places orders when necessary.
- Establishes and follows appropriate medical routines including record keeping in daily medical log, disposal of medical waste, managing and safeguarding medications, and utilizing approved standing orders.
- Coordinates coverage of the health care center when needed.
- Supplies and issues first aid kits.
- Participates in specific areas of staff training pertaining to health and safety.
- Maintains accident/incident reports for risk management.
- Prepares a summary and evaluation of the camp season including inventories, camper reports on health problems, and recommendations for the following season.
- Monitors health of all staff
- Monitors/evaluates camp procedures, facilities, and conditions and suggests modifications that would create more healthful conditions in camp.
- Supervises assigned seasonal staff by observing, coaching, providing feedback and assisting with problem solving.
- Provides leadership and supervision to any developing teen leaders placed with the group.
- Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention, and emergencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates at a seasonal residential camp, both inside and outdoors.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift store or janitorial products and supplies, up to 50 pounds.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time, seasonal position. The usual camp workweek is six days on and one day off, including training, staff meetings, and regular duties. This summer camp position is exempt from minimum wage and overtime regulations per State of Washington wage and hour law.
This position is required to live onsite at camp. Travel is primarily local during work shifts, although some out-of-the-area travel may be expected. This is an Authorized Driver position, read more in the Position Requirements.
- Holds current EMT, LPN, RN, or MD In WA state. Other applicable education, training, and experience, which provide the knowledge, abilities, and skills necessary to perform effectively in the position will be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant program or equivalent education or experience.
- Two years or more of related experience, with proven experience in training others.
- One or more years of experience with staff and volunteer supervision, program development, and budget management.
- Experience with and knowledge of youth behavior management and child abuse prevention.
- Ability to relate to parents and campers in a professional manner.
This position requires driving:
• 21 years of age or older.
• Current Driver’s License with a minimum 3 years safe driving experience and a driving record which meets or exceeds YMCA standards
• Other applicable education, training, and experience, which provide the knowledge, abilities, and skills necessary to perform effectively in the position will be considered.
• Maximum one minor violation
• No speeding violation of more than 20mph over the limit
If applicable, other combinations of applicable education, training, and experience which provide the knowledge, abilities, and skills necessary to perform effectively in the position may be considered.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Current state approved first aid certification*
- Current state approved CPR certification*
- Master’s degree in relevant program or a closely related field from an accredited school.
- Prefer knowledge of and previous experience with, diverse populations (language, culture, race, physical ability, sexual orientation, etc.). Ability to speak any language in addition to English may be helpful.
- Experience with anti-racism practices and coalition building.
Building a community where all people, especially the young, are encouraged to develop their fullest potential in spirit, mind, and body.
• Passion for Excellence
YMCA Camp Colman
Contact Email Address
Contact Phone Number