YMCA of Greater Seattle
Health Aides work closely with the Health Director/Camp Nurse to support the health and safety of our campers. Basic job functions include assisting in the management of the Health Center, maintains the health of campers and staff and properly packing medication for overnight trips. Nursing or pre-nursing students preferred. Health Aides are supervised by the Health Director.
To learn more about working with Camp & Outdoor Leadership at the Y, please visit us online at www.campingandoutdoorleadership.org
WHAT YOU’LL GET FROM WORKING AT THE Y
• Membership to the YMCA of Greater Seattle
• Free access to mental health resources
• Rapidly-accruing paid time off (PTO) available immediately upon hire
Returning Rate: $90.00/day
Up to $500 Stay Bonus!
The YMCA of Greater Seattle is committed to providing a positive atmosphere that prioritizes safety and inclusivity for all employees. The YMCA of Greater Seattle has implemented safety standards and protocols related to preventative health measures based on CDC and local health department guidelines.
As of March 12, 2022 COVID Vaccinations Requirements for this role are Highly Recommended. Certain programs at the Y of Greater Seattle may require proof of vaccination, in compliance with local state and federal guidelines. If applicable will be assigned within onboarding. To see requirements for each program within our association, click here.
- Help the nurse ensure that each staff member and camper has on file a health history and examination form, as required.
- Assist in the health screening at the beginning of each session.
- Assist the nurse in conducting an inventory of supplies.
- Follow appropriate medical routines including recordkeeping in the daily medical log, disposal of medical waste, managing and safeguarding medications, and utilizing approved standing orders.
- Keep accident/incident reports that can be used for risk management assessment.
- Assist in monitoring health of all staff
- Maintains confidentiality of campers, families, and staff
- Stays on call overnight as assigned
- Other duties as assigned by the nurse or Health Director
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates at a seasonal residential camp, both inside and outdoors.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift store or janitorial products and supplies, up to 50 pounds.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time, seasonal position. The usual camp workweek is six days on and one day off, including training, staff meetings, and regular duties. This summer camp position is exempt from minimum wage and overtime regulations per State of Washington wage and hour law.
This position is required to live onsite at camp. All travel required for work will be done by YMCA Authorized Drivers.
- 18 years old or older
- 1-2 years of experience with children; camps, childcare, tutoring, nannying, coaching
- Previous camp experience preferred
If applicable, “Other combinations of applicable education, training, and experience which provide the knowledge, abilities, and skills necessary to perform effectively in the position may be considered.”
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Current state approved first aid certification*
• Current state approved CPR certification*
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 1+ years education, training, or experience in a healthcare or related field
• Current Wilderness First Aid strongly preferred.
• Prefer knowledge of and previous experience with, diverse populations (language, culture, race, physical ability, sexual orientation, etc.). Ability to speak any language in addition to English may be helpful.
• Experience with anti-racism practices and coalition building.
Building a community where all people, especially the young, are encouraged to develop their fullest potential in spirit, mind, and body.
Camp Colman Longbranch, WA
Contact Email Address
Contact Phone Number