The 2022 Nurse Corps Scholarship Program (SP) application cycle is now open.
Nurse Corps provides financial support to students accepted to or enrolled in a nursing degree program at an accredited school of nursing in the United States. After graduation from nursing school, scholarship recipients serve a minimum two-year commitment at an approved health care facility with a critical shortage of nurses.
The scholarship includes payment of tuition, eligible fees, a monthly stipend for living expenses, and other reasonable educational costs (books, clinical supplies and instruments).
Nurse Corps has reserved special funding for the following areas:
- Up to 20% of awards will go to nurse practitioners with a specialty in psychiatric mental health.
- Up to $5 million will go to:
- Registered Nurses to work in women’s health or obstetrics
- Nurse Practitioners to work in women’s health or an obstetrics and gynecological specialization
- Certified Nurse Midwives to work in improving maternal health outcomes
- Up to $2 million for career pathway health professionals such as Certified Nursing Assistants, Home Health Aides, Medical Assistants, Licensed Practical (Vocational) Nurses, and other entry-level health professionals.
Where to start: Review the Application and Program Guidance (APG) for information on eligibility and requirements.
The application cycle closes on May 5.
Apply at this HRSA webpage.