2021 has been another crazy year for many of us. Some of us are still working from home regularly and are likely not as active as we usually are. With the colder and darker days setting, in we may not be feeling very motivated.
But there is some exciting news to help get 2022 off to a great start! The WSU Spokane Wellness Collaborative is teaming up with the Office of Research to offer an even bigger and better New Year, New You: Healthy Lifestyle Challenge for 2022. This challenge will promote and encourage being active, healthy nutrition, self-care, supporting each other, and so much more.
- The challenge will run from Jan. 10 – Feb. 6
- Fill out the registration form no later than Dec. 17.
- Participants will be randomly placed on a team
- Each person can earn 10 points per day (Monday-Sunday), with a chance to earn bonus points
- Participants who submit points each week will be entered into a weekly prize drawing
- Daily points are in the following areas: Workout/intentional activity (2), functional fitness (1), 6,000+ steps for the day (1), drinking plenty of water (1), healthy meals for the day (2), avoiding self-sabotage (1), getting plenty of sleep (1), and completing an act of selfcare (1).
- Kick-off Zoom event: Jan. 6, 3 – 4 p.m.
- There will be a grand prize for each member of the team with the most points at the end.
- New this year: Each person that actively participates in this challenge will earn a finishing prize.
Fill out the registration form no later than Dec. 17 if you’d like to participate.
Please email email@example.com with questions.
This challenge is generously sponsored by the WSU Office of Research, the WSU Spokane campus, including The Elson S. Floyd College of Medicine, the College of Nursing, and the College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, and is brought to you by the energy and efforts of the Office of Research and the WSU Spokane Wellness Collaborative.
For questions regarding wellness events and activities on campus, or to join the Wellness Collaborative, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.