Qualifications & Compensation
- Currently practice as an ARNP, MD, DO or PA; additionally practicing interdisciplinary healthcare providers are also accepted
- Have a minimum of 1 year of experience in the clinical area you will be precepting
- Hold an unencumbered, active license for the state in which the student will be precepted
- Provide documentation of licensure and national board certification
At this time we are unable to pay preceptors for the valuable work they do. However, we think you may be interested in the following benefits:
- Signed verification of precepting hours. These can be applied toward board and/or licensure recertification requirements
- Participation in our spring Preceptor Recognition Event (Spokane and Vancouver) where you can earn 1-2 free CE’s.
- The opportunity to apply for adjunct faculty status. This affords you Library privileges with access to Up-to-date as well as 30,000 journal subscriptions
- Opportunity to apply to be a paid Clinical Evaluator (graduate preceptors only)
Sue Neal, Executive Director of Battle Ground Healthcare near Vancouver, is a preceptor for RN-BSN and MN students. Battle Ground is a nonprofit, faith-based clinic that provides free medical and dental care to low-income residents of Clark County, an important part of community health in that area.
“I just continually think, wow, what great nurses are coming out of WSU.”