Sandy Schilling received her BSN from the Intercollegiate College of Nursing Education (1990), her MSN Family Nurse Practitioner (1998) and DNP (2017) from Gonzaga University. She has practiced in pediatrics, home care, and as a nurse practitioner in primarily underserved community health settings with low income and culturally diverse populations, both urban and rural. Sandy has worked extensively with mental health, chemical dependency, and diabetes in addition to providing primary care. She continues to practice health care at Spokane Community College Student Health Clinic, Frontier Behavioral Health Evaluation and Treatment, and Horizon Hospice. As an advocate for prevention, recognition and treatment of mind-body illness, Sandy promotes healing and growth through self-awareness and empowerment. Her doctoral project “Trauma Informed Care: Screening Adults for Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs)” educated healthcare providers about ACEs and encouraged screening in primary care.
- DNP, Gonzaga University, Spokane, WA
- MSN, Gonzaga University, Spokane, WA
- BSN, Eastern Washington University, Intercollegiate College of Nursing Education
Community Health, Obesity prevention & Treatment, Adverse Childhood Experiences, Trauma-Informed Care
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Primary care, mental health, pediatrics, leadership, community health, adverse childhood experiences.
- ARNPs United, 2014-present Nurse Practitioner Group of Spokane, 1997-present
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners, 1998-present
- Immunization Action Coalition of the Northwest 2001-2014
- Washington State Nurses Association, 1988-1999
- Sigma Theta Tau International 1997
HONORS AND AWARDS
- National Health Service Corp Scholar, 2011 Gonzaga University Magna Cum Laude graduate, 1998
- Sigma Theta Tau International inductee, 1997 EWU Magna Cum Laude graduate, 1990