Robert has a background in medical/surgical nursing with experience as a charge nurse and preceptor. He carries a CMSRN certification from the Academy of Medical-Surgical Nurses and holds a Certificate of Knowledge in Fundamentals of Magnet from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Currently, Robert is practicing in Northern Idaho at Kootenai Health and chairs the Nursing Quality Council, holds an active role on the Nursing Practice Council, serving as a Geriatric Resource Nurse for all units. In addition, he is a Superuser for the clinical informatics council.
Roberts passion and vision is to involve and inspire front line nurses to solve nursing work environment and patient/population outcomes issues using process of innovation wherever possible.
- Associates of Science Nursing, University of South Dakota, Vermillion, SD.
- BSN, Lewis-Clark State College, Lewiston, ID
- Pain, sleep, opioids, and cannabinoids
- Nursing Structures
- Frontline staff driven innovation processes
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- ANCC Magnet Designation
- Shared Governance/Decision Making
- Translation of evidence to practice
- American Nurses Association/Idaho Nurses Association
- Western Institute of Nursing