Gina has enjoyed 40 years of nursing practice, which she says, “was a calling from the age of 5”. She has spent the last 18 years primarily devoted to diabetes education both in the inpatient and outpatient settings. Along with her diabetes background, she has worked in acute care, long term care, rural health, and home health settings.
In her spare time, Gina enjoys playing the piano, writing children’s stories, and traveling with her husband.
- MSN, Excelsior College, Albany, New York
- BSN, Excelsior College, Albany, New York
- RN, Spokane Community College ADN/RN : Spokane Washington
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Certified Diabetes Educator since 1999 (CDE)
- AADE (American Association of Diabetes Educators) since 1999
- ANA (American Nurses Association) since 2007
HONORS & AWARDS
Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing : 2016