The Northwest Center for Occupational Health and Safety is accepting applications for the 2021-2022 Professional Training Opportunities Program (PTOP). PTOP offers small grants for research projects and activities that address worker health or safety.
Applicants are welcome from any discipline or field of study, including students earning associate’s degrees as well as undergraduate, graduate or post-doctorate degrees.
Grants of no more than $10,000 (including direct and indirect costs) will be made to support:
(1) A research project or demonstration.
(2) An internship or other learning experience.
(3) An activity or program.
All proposals must address health and/or safety issues in the workplace or for working populations. You can learn more about the wide range of previously funded projects here:
- Professional Training Opportunities Program (PTOP)
- Promoting Personal Flotation Device (PFD) usage among commercial fishermen in Alaska
- Small Grants, Big Impacts