Please plan accordingly!
First day of instruction: 1/9/2017; last day of instruction, 4/28/2017
Tuesdays: 1/10, 2/7, 3/7, 4/4, 4/25
Wednesdays: 1/11, 2/8, 3/8, 4/5, 4/26
Thursdays: 1/12, 2/9, 3/9, 4/6, 4/27
First day of instruction: 5/8/2017; last day of instruction, 7/28/2017
Tuesdays: 5/16, 6/6, 6/13, 7/18, 7/25
Wednesdays: 5/17, 6/7, 6/14, 7/19, 7/26
Thursdays: 5/18, 6/8, 6/15, 7/20, 7/27
Cleveland Visiting Scholar: Opportunities to Hear from Dr. Skiba
We have multiple opportunities next week to engage with our Cleveland Visiting Scholar, Dr. Diane Skiba. Please take a moment to see how you can participate!
- All students via AMS: The student presentation is on Tuesday, Sept. 13 from 9-10AM with AMS to all sites. No need to RSVP, just show up.
WSU Spokane (SNRS 105, 205)
WSU Tri-Cities (TNRS 1212, TNRS 1213 , TNRS 1214 , TNRS 1215)
WSU Vancouver (VECS 120)
Yakima Nursing (YNUR 107, 111, 104, 105)
Walla Walla Community College
- Spokane students: We will continue the conversation with Dr. Skiba on Tuesday, Sept. 13, during a hosted lunch from 11:30-1:00. We encourage any of our students to attend. If interested, please RSVP here.
- Spokane students: The community lecture and reception will be held at the Spokane Convention Center from 5-7 PM on Wednesday, Sept. 14. Normally tickets are $35, but because we have received generous support from sponsors, we can offer up to 20 seats to our students! If you would like to attend at no charge, please email Brooke Ledeboer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Spokane students are also invited to present their research during the first hour of the reception, and then attend the community event at no charge. If you have a poster and would like to exhibit it, please email Alli Benjamin (email@example.com).
- If you’ve logged into E*Value this week, you’ll notice the new user interface! If you were not able to attend one of the multiple “E*Value ‘LIVE’ New User Interface Webinars” hosted over these past few weeks, not to worry! Click on this recorded webinar which includes a full tour of the new E*Value User Interface, along with the open Question & Answer portion.
- Criminal History Disclosure Form – all students are now required to complete an annual criminal history disclosure form. Please fill out and upload into E*Value NOW!!
- Picture ID – Please take a minute to upload a current picture into your E*Value account. It is very important we have one for each student for emergency or security purposes. THANK YOU!
- Passport Compliance: Just a reminder that a non-current passport could result in a registration hold, a delay or cessation of rotation until the item(s) are updated and documented, or not being able to count clinical hours accrued during the time when a passport item was expired. Students must remain current on all passport items throughout the duration of their enrollment at WSU CON, regardless of whether or not they are in clinical rotations. Passport information for ALL students
Professional Development and Training Programs
The Graduate School has developed a range of professional development and training programs around subjects important to Graduate students success in academia and careers beyond graduate school. Please view this list of events and consider attending! https://gradschool.wsu.edu/pdi/
Graduate School Orientation
The WSU Graduate Orientation was fantastic! It took place on August 16, 2016, and over 350 graduate students attended. With sessions on financial aid, residency and many others, we were able to get our students ready for their graduate education at WSU. A special thanks to all the students that attended. If you missed the orientation, please click here for the orientation YouTube videos.
Save the Date – Nursing Career Fair
Spokane Nursing Building First Floor Lobby
Upcoming Semester Dates
- November 11th – Veteran’s Day Holiday (All University Holiday)
- November 21st-25th – Thanksgiving Break (students); 24th and 25th All University Holiday
- December 9th – Last day of instruction
- December 12th-16th – Finals Week
- December 26th & 27th – Christmas Holiday (faculty/staff)
- College of Nursing Scholarship page
- CLICK HERE to apply for spring 2017 scholarship funding. The application deadline, including the deadline for references, is Monday, September 26, 2016. Please use Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox to access the application.
Don’t miss out on upcoming deadlines!