Welcome back nursing students! Make sure you sign up to receive campus alerts, which includes alerts about campus closures and class delays, for your campus. https://alert.wsu.edu/.
Research Announcement Request
Are you interested in research? Do you think you might want to someday be a researcher or understand the research process better? Perhaps you are just curious to know more about the interesting topics being investigated at WSU College of Nursing and have a couple of hours a week to volunteer? If so, WSU College of Nursing has opportunities for you to get involved. There are many faculty members in need of dedicated students who are willing to volunteer as a research assistant. Examples of areas being researched include: smart home assisted living, addictions/drug abuse, chronic pain, fall prevention, ED use, and many more! If you are interested or would like more information on these and other research opportunities, please email Crystal Lederhos Smith at email@example.com.
The 2016-2017 graduate student handbooks have been updated and added to the nursing website. You can find direct links under the current student and faculty and staff sections of our website. Here are the direct links:
- Students can make changes to their Spring 2017 courses (adding/dropping, etc.) during the first week of classes only!
- After Friday, January 13, 2017, (11:59 pm) students must work with their program’s Academic Coordinator to make any desired changes up through 30th day (February 7, 2017).
- After Friday, February 7, 2017, any changes to a student’s schedule can only be done by completing a Petition form.
A Note from the Grad School
- Students should be checking their WSU email account frequently for communications from university offices; we recommend checking at least daily. Use your WSU email address when corresponding with WSU offices.
- Students: Please keep your mailing address current.
- Graduate School Forms: Please use the current version of each form located on our FORMS website: https://gradschool.wsu.edu/facultystaff-resources/18-2/Be sure to download the form before completing it (you may need to download a more current version of Adobe Reader – see our site for details).
- ALL forms are now submitted to the Graduate School by your Academic Coordinator via the Graduate Research Management (GRM) portal in the myWSU system. If you do not know the name of your Academic Coordinator, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org so we can provide that to you. Deadline on forms submissions: this is the last date the completed form can be submitted to the Graduate School via the portal.Students will need to allow as much time as their department requires (see your department) to allow their Academic Coordinator sufficient time to review each form for completeness and then to submit it to the Graduate School. It is the responsibility of the student (working with their department) to insure completed forms are submitted.
- If you are having trouble with uploading immunization documentation please review the Student Training newly revised to match the new E*Value.
- NURSING HOLDS have been placed on accounts that are out of compliance passports. Please log into E*Value and update your passport today! Please email Kathleen or Rychelle to get your nursing hold released.
- Picture ID – Please take a minute to upload a current picture into your E*Value account. It is very important we have one for each student for emergency or security purposes. THANK YOU!
- IMPORTANT: Allowing a passport item to expire could result in a registration hold, a delay or cessation of your rotation until the item is updated and documented, not being able to count clinical hours accrued during the time when a passport item is expired, or Notice of Unsatisfactory Performance (NUP).
- Please be aware that passport items change annually. It is your responsibility to be familiar with the requirements. The requirements can be found here: Passport information for ALL students
WSU College of Nursing Events
- February 3, 2017, 12:00 PM Research First Friday – Feb 3
- February 22, 2017, 12:00 PM Analytical Brown Bag – Feb 22
- March 22, 2017, 12:00 PM Analytical Brown Bag – March 22
- April 7, 2017, 12:00 PM Research First Friday – April 7
- May 5, 2017, 2:00 PM WSU Health Sciences Spokane Commencement
- May 6, 2017, 1:00 PM WSU Tri-Cities Commencement 2017
- May 6, 2017, 3:00 PM WSU Pullman Commencement 2017
Future Class Dates
First day of instruction: 1/9/2017; last day of instruction, 4/28/2017
Tuesdays: 1/10, 2/7, 3/7, 4/4, 4/25
Wednesdays: 1/11, 2/8, 3/8, 4/5, 4/26
Thursdays: 1/12, 2/9, 3/9, 4/6, 4/27
First day of instruction: 5/8/2017; last day of instruction, 7/28/2017
Tuesdays: 5/16, 6/6, 6/13, 7/18, 7/25
Wednesdays: 5/17, 6/7, 6/14, 7/19, 7/26
Thursdays: 5/18, 6/8, 6/15, 7/20, 7/27
NURSE Corps Loan Repayment Program
The 2017 NURSE Corps Loan Repayment Program application cycle is now open and will close on February 23, 2017.
- The WSU College of Nursing Scholarship application is open as of Tuesday, January 17 and closes on Friday, February 17 at 5:00 pm. This application cycle is for fall 2017 awards. Please go out to this link to apply: https://nursing.wsu.edu/current/scholarships/.
- In addition to student scholarships, the Development Office at the College of Nursing administers an emergency loan for students; the Iris M. Finch Memorial Loan Fund – available to any WSU College of Nursing students. It has a $1,000/term or $2,000/tenure max. An emergency is defined as “a sudden, unexpected event that necessitates an unplanned expenditure of money which the student does not have.” Please utilize the attached application when assisting students. Any questions about the process can be directed to Deborah Blake, Assistant Director of Development and Alumni Relations, email@example.com.
- IENA Scholarship
Don’t miss out on upcoming deadlines!