New Course Being Piloted Spring 2020!
- Nurse 598 Financial and Business Concepts in Health Care
- 2 semester credits
- This course develops fundamental conceptual and practical applications of financial management, cost analyses, budgeting and human resource management in the contemporary health care delivery system.
- Instructors: Dr. Joann Dotson and Leslie Fountain Williams
- Student Learning Outcomes –
- Analyze concepts from economics, accounting, revenue and cost analysis, budgeting and financial management in relation to contemporary health care organizations.
- Interpret financial statements, cost management techniques, operating budgets, variance analysis, cost benefit ratio and cost effectiveness analysis within contemporary health care organizations.
- Use computer programs to prepare reports for ethical fiscal decision-making.
- Analyze theoretical and applied research from health care literature in relation to financial management and the managerial role.
APP Fellowship at Seattle Children’s Hospital Update
Attention soon-to-be graduates of the Family Nurse Practitioner program:
The application deadline for the September cohort of Advanced Practice Providers (APP) Fellowship at Seattle Children’s Hospital will be May 3, 2019.
The one-year APP Fellowship is a way to help new graduate NPs and PAs prepare to provide great pediatric specialty care and to care for a complex patient population. The goal is to teach them to how to practice independently in a collaborative manner within a team.
For more information about the fellowship program, please refer to the Seattle Children’s APP Fellowship website.
Questions? contact Angela Forbes, Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner , Cancer Care Unit – Inpatient, APP Fellowship Supervisor/Educator, Seattle Children’s Hospital, at 206-987-9486 or email@example.com
- April 12th – last day to withdraw from a class
- April 26th – last day to cancel enrollment
- Curious about your graduate degree deadlines? Visit the WSU Graduate School website to stay on track of all the requirements for your master’s or doctoral degree.
Did you know that as a DNP student you will have taken all courses required for the Graduate Certificate in Nursing Leadership? The required courses are: NURS 565, Information Management for Clinical Practice, NURS 576, Organizational Systems & Leadership, NURS 553, Practicum in Organizational Systems & Leadership, and NURS 591, Mixed Methods for Program Planning, Implementation & Outcome Evaluation.
If you are interested in receiving this certificate along with your degree, you will be required to apply for the certificate in a separate application than your application for degree and pay the $25 certificate application fee. The deadline for applying for the certificate is the same date as applying for your degree. The application was due in Pullman by 3/1/2019 for a spring award.
- Application for graduate certificate
- Deadlines and procedures for graduate certificates
- Learn more about all the graduate certificates offered by the College of Nursing
If you are interested in the other certificates in Nursing Education or Public Health, please check the Graduate Student Handbook or talk with your advisor to see if you have met the course requirements.
If you have any questions, please contact the graduate program office staff. Spokane, Yakima, Tri-Cities and Walla Walla students, contact Tami Kelley (firstname.lastname@example.org); Vancouver students, please contact Adriana Thomas (Adriana.email@example.com).
- If you have any questions about scholarships, please access the Financial Aid and Scholarship Web page to access resources.
- PhD Students: NLN Foundation for Nursing Education
- Deadline: May 29th
- You could be eligible for this scholarship if you are a TA or RA, employed by the CON that is a member of NLN.
Jobs & Opportunities
- Keeping your passport consistently current is mandatory regardless of what classes you are taking. Prior to the beginning of each semester, log on to the E*Value database, go to “Other Tasks”, then to “Personal Records Requirements” and update any expired requirement. Please do not delete the expired documentation, just add your new documentation. Also, check your expiration date column and update requirements that are about to expire or schedule the update and add to your calendar with other program obligations. It is your responsibility to keep your graduate passport current throughout enrollment, without prompts from faculty or staff.
- IMPORTANT: Allowing a passport item to expire could result in a registration hold, a delay or cessation of your rotation until the item is updated and documented, not being able to count clinical hours accrued during the time when a passport item is expired, and/or Notice of Unsatisfactory Performance (NUP).
- Please be aware that some clinical sites may have additional requirements above and beyond the clinical passport. Students will need to complete these additional requirements in order to do a rotation at these sites.
- WSU Graduate Passport forms, links and instructions are found on the WSU website.