Spokane: Valentine Cookies!!
S2’s are doing a Valentine’s Day Cookie Gram fundraiser. Heart shaped cookie grams with personalized messages will be available to buy and send to classmates and colleagues in the College of Nursing for $5.
To order: e-mail Jacquelyn.firstname.lastname@example.org with name, message, and who the cookie gram is for (including cohort) by 2/11. Students can pay cash or venmo Paige Wolter.
Note from the Registrar
- Please check your WSU student accounts for tuition and fees. Late fees will be assessed on non-paid tuition/fees. Please contact your campus registrar office with any questions or concerns.
- Curious about your graduate degree deadlines? Visit the WSU Graduate School website to stay on track of all the requirements for your master’s or doctoral degree.
Did you know that as a DNP student you will have taken all courses required for the Graduate Certificate in Nursing Leadership? The required courses are: NURS 565, Information Management for Clinical Practice, NURS 576, Organizational Systems & Leadership, NURS 553, Practicum in Organizational Systems & Leadership, and NURS 591, Mixed Methods for Program Planning, Implementation & Outcome Evaluation.
If you are interested in receiving this certificate along with your degree, you will be required to apply for the certificate in a separate application than your application for degree and pay the $25 certificate application fee. The deadline for applying for the certificate is the same date as applying for your degree. The application is due in Pullman by 3/1/2019 for a spring award.
- Application for graduate certificate
- Deadlines and procedures for graduate certificates
- Learn more about all the graduate certificates offered by the College of Nursing
If you are interested in the other certificates in Nursing Education or Public Health, please check the Graduate Student Handbook or talk with your advisor to see if you have met the course requirements.
If you have any questions, please contact the graduate program office staff. Spokane, Yakima, Tri-Cities and Walla Walla students, contact Tami Kelley (email@example.com); Vancouver students, please contact Adriana Thomas (Adriana.firstname.lastname@example.org).
- CON scholarship application is now open!
- IENA Nursing Scholarships
- Application deadline: March 1, 2019
- NHSC Substance Use Disorder Workforce Loan Repayment Program
- Application deadline: February 21, 2019
Jobs & Opportunities
- Keeping your passport consistently current is mandatory regardless of what classes you are taking. Prior to the beginning of each semester, log on to the E*Value database, go to “Other Tasks”, then to “Personal Records Requirements” and update any expired requirement. Please do not delete the expired documentation, just add your new documentation. Also, check your expiration date column and update requirements that are about to expire or schedule the update and add to your calendar with other program obligations. It is your responsibility to keep your graduate passport current throughout enrollment, without prompts from faculty or staff.
- IMPORTANT: Allowing a passport item to expire could result in a registration hold, a delay or cessation of your rotation until the item is updated and documented, not being able to count clinical hours accrued during the time when a passport item is expired, and/or Notice of Unsatisfactory Performance (NUP).
- Please be aware that some clinical sites may have additional requirements above and beyond the clinical passport. Students will need to complete these additional requirements in order to do a rotation at these sites.
- WSU Graduate Passport forms, links and instructions are found on the WSU website.
AACN Student Policy Summit
- Three day conference, March 24-26, 2019, held in Washington, DC
- Open to baccalaureate and graduate nursing students enrolled at an AACN member institution
- Up to two students per institution
- Didactic program sessions focused on the federal policy process.
- Go online for more information!
- Contact: Payal Shah