DNP Program Day – September 14th
Cleveland Visiting Scholar – September 14th
- Student Presentation with Q&A to follow
Spokane: SNRS 105, 203/205 as overflow
Tri-Cities: TNRS 1214
- Time: 9:00 a.m.– 10:00 a.m.
- More Info
Nursing 478/578 Plateau Tribes: Culture & Health Offered Spring 2018
Nursing 478/578 Plateau Tribes: Culture & Health is a 3 credit elective offered Spring semester. This course is open to undergrad and grad students from any and all programs/WSU colleges and includes a spring-break clinical experience. Dr. Janet Katz, lead instructor for this course can be contacted if you have any questions.
Did your fall course registrations change?
As the semester launches, sometimes students realize they need to alter their plan of study. Please be sure you have communicated with your academic adviser about any changes in your plan of study – changes will likely affect your graduation timeline as most courses are only offered once per year. Don’t know who your academic advisor is – contact Rychelle Wagner.
ACHNE 2018 Abstract Submission Site Now Open
The theme for the 40th Anniversary Institute is “Celebrating the Past, Envisioning the Future.” The Annual Institute will be a time of partnership as we come together to share our efforts from the past year. We invite you to present your work, insights, and research on diverse topics. More Info.
SESRC Survey Design Clinic Now Open
The SESRC Survey Design Clinic is open for Fall 2017 semester. WSU faculty, students, and staff are welcome to come on by, email, or call us with questions about survey design. Please click here for more information and office hours.
Stay up to date with what’s happening at the college. Follow us on social media, subscribe to our news feed, and stay tuned for our newest Focus on Nursing E-Newsletter.
Subscribe to our News feed: https://nursing.wsu.edu/news/
College of Nursing Scholarship
The College of Nursing online scholarship application is live and will remain open until September 22, at 5:00 pm. This application cycle is for spring 2018 awards. Access the application via the following link – https://nursing.wsu.edu/current/scholarships/
In addition to student scholarships, the Development Office at the College of Nursing administers an emergency loan for students; the Iris M. Finch Memorial Loan Fund – available to any WSU College of Nursing student. It has a $1,000/term or $2,000/tenure max. An emergency is defined as “a sudden, unexpected event that necessitates an unplanned expenditure of money which the student does not have.”
The application can be found here.
The Development Office
Deborah Blake| Assistant Director of Development and Alumni Relations
ph 509-324-7339 | text/cell 509-951-8996 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- When adding new documentation, please don’t delete the expired documentation – we need this to show you have been in compliance. Please be sure to upload .jpg or .pdf documents.
- If you are having trouble with uploading immunization documentation please review the Student Training.
- NURSING HOLDS are placed on accounts that are out of compliance passports. Please log into E*Value and update your passport today! Please email Kathleen or Rychelle to get your nursing hold released.
- Picture ID – Please email Rychelle a current picture to upload into your E*Value account. It is very important we have one for each student for emergency or security purposes.
- IMPORTANT: Allowing a passport item to expire could result in a registration hold, a delay or cessation of your rotation until the item is updated and documented, not being able to count clinical hours accrued during the time when a passport item is expired, or Notice of Unsatisfactory Performance (NUP).
- Please be aware that passport items change annually. It is your responsibility to be familiar with the requirements. The requirements can be found here: Passport information for ALL students
Don’t miss out on upcoming deadlines!
- Job Postings
- AP Match Information – Search the job board for the latest physician assistant employment opportunities at healthcare facilities across the country.
- Did you know: There is a national network of clinics and hospitals who are committed to matching healthcare providers with rural and under-served jobs? You can access this resource easily and at no cost. The website is www.3rnet.org. Happy job hunting!