TBI Panel Symposium – Diagnosing, Treating, and Thriving with Traumatic Brain Injuries
- May 18th, 2017
- 1PM till 8PM
- EWU Spokane, SEWC 122
- The event is being held on May 18th, 2017 in the Eastern Washington University building from 1:00 PM till 8:00 PM. Our primary sponsors are the TBI Survivors Network, EWU Psychology, and the Washington State TBI Council. The purpose of the symposium is to bring people together to discuss vital topics concerning Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and disability as a whole.
- We’ll also be providing resource/awareness tables at the event, in addition to refreshments and dinner. We hope your faculty and students will have the opportunity to attend.
- Register at www.register.tbipanel.org
Graduate Curriculum Committee
The Graduate Curriculum Committee will need a MN or DNP student volunteer to participate on this committee for the 2017-18 academic year. If you are interested, please contact Sandy Carollo firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graduate School Survey
The Graduate School recently sent out an email requesting your response to the 2017 Graduate Student Survey. Please take a moment to complete this as we highly value feedback from our students.
2017 NLN Foundation Faculty Scholarship Award
Apply Today for a 2017 NLN Foundation Faculty Scholarship Award! Accepting Applications until May 31, 2017.
To address the nurse faculty shortage and attract more seasoned and ethnically diverse nurses to become nurse educators, the NLN Foundation will award scholarships of up to $8,000 to help complete graduate education. Funds may be used for tuition, support for a dissertation or thesis, or travel for attendance at an onsite internship or classes.
Eligibility – You must be…
- Be a nurse pursuing an advanced degree (master’s or doctorate) in preparation for a career as a full-time nurse educator.
- Have completed at least one full year of the program.
- Be an NLN member, either through individual dues or through employment at a member institution.
With the support of our generous donors, the NLN is the only member organization providing scholarships specifically to nurse educators. Together, we are preserving the past and building the future of nursing education.
If you have questions related to the application process, please visit our website or contact email@example.com.
Save the Date!
DNP Presentation Day
1st ANNUAL APNA-WA CONFERENCE
Advocacy for Psychiatric Nurses and Our Patients
Where: Central Washington University – Ellensburg, Washington
When: Apr 29th, 2017 8am-4:30pm
Click here for more info!
- If you are having trouble with uploading immunization documentation please review the Student Training newly revised to match the new E*Value.
- NURSING HOLDS have been placed on accounts that are out of compliance passports. Please log into E*Value and update your passport today! Please email Kathleen or Rychelle to get your nursing hold released.
- Picture ID – Please take a minute to upload a current picture into your E*Value account. It is very important we have one for each student for emergency or security purposes. THANK YOU!
- IMPORTANT: Allowing a passport item to expire could result in a registration hold, a delay or cessation of your rotation until the item is updated and documented, not being able to count clinical hours accrued during the time when a passport item is expired, or Notice of Unsatisfactory Performance (NUP).
- Please be aware that passport items change annually. It is your responsibility to be familiar with the requirements. The requirements can be found here: Passport information for ALL students
WSU College of Nursing Events
Future Class Dates
First day of instruction: 5/8/2017; last day of instruction, 7/28/2017
Tuesdays: 5/16, 6/6, 6/13, 7/18, 7/25
Wednesdays: 5/17, 6/7, 6/14, 7/19, 7/26
Thursdays: 5/18, 6/8, 6/15, 7/20, 7/27
Don’t miss out on upcoming deadlines!