Dear MN & DNP Students:
The WSU Graduate School requires annual reviews on all graduate students. Attached are the forms that will be needed for your annual review with your advisor. Please make sure you use the form that is correct for your program (either DNP or MN)!
Please work with your advisor to have these completed by 3/31/2017. The advisor should return the completed form to Tami Kelley email@example.com.
Save the Date!
DNP Presentation Day – more details to come!
The American Association of Nurse Practitioners launches a new initiative to update terms used to refer to healthcare providers
White paper is at: https://www.aanp.org/images/documents/publications/useofterms.pdf
Spokane Student Mail Cart
Due to some recent reallocation of space in the nursing building in Spokane we no longer have a spot for the Spokane graduate student mail cart. If you had anything left in the cart you should have received an email with instructions to stop by Tami’s office (SNRS 133) to pick up the next time you are on campus. Thanks.
The WSU College of Nursing Scholarship application is open as of Tuesday, January 17 and closes on Friday, February 17 at 5:00 pm. This application cycle is for fall 2017 awards. Please go out to this link to apply: https://nursing.wsu.edu/current/scholarships/.
In addition to student scholarships, the Development Office at the College of Nursing administers an emergency loan for students; the Iris M. Finch Memorial Loan Fund – available to any WSU College of Nursing students. It has a $1,000/term or $2,000/tenure max. An emergency is defined as “a sudden, unexpected event that necessitates an unplanned expenditure of money which the student does not have.” Please utilize the attached application when assisting students. Any questions about the process can be directed to Deborah Blake, Assistant Director of Development and Alumni Relations, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mental Health Trauma Care
Support a WSU Alum! Brooks Oglesby-Junk will be presenting on establishing a trusting, therapeutic relationship with clients who have suffered mental trauma is the most important first step to a meaningful and successful treatment plan. No matter where you practice, you are bound to encounter a client who has suffered mental trauma. This mental trauma can lead to additional mental health disorders that increase the client’s complexity, making these clients very difficult to treat. This program will provide you with the insight and the proper skills to interact and manage clients who present with the most challenging mental conditions related to trauma including PTSD, TBI, personality disorders, panic disorder, and chronic pain.
Who Should Attend?
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses in all areas of clinical practice including nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialists, Registered Nurses and Other Health Sciences Professionals with an interest in caring for mental illness
When: March 18, 2017 8:00 am – 4:10 pm
Location: Acute Care Education Classroom, 7200 NE 41st Street, Suite 206, Vancouver, WA 98662
Contact Hours: 6.5
Spokane and Yakima Students – Commencement Info
The graduating students may now register to walk in the WSU Spokane Commencement ceremony!
All of the Commencement information has been updated on the commencement website.
The breakfast signup is also live.
Kim Mickey, MPA
Campus Registrar | Washington State University
Office: 509.358.7530 K.email@example.com
1st ANNUAL APNA-WA CONFERENCE
Advocacy for Psychiatric Nurses and Our Patients
Where: Central Washington University – Ellensburg, Washington
When: Apr 29th, 2017 8am-4:30pm
Click here for more info!
- ALL graduate students have a “30th day Graduate Student” hold on their account preventing all enrollment activity – any changes to a student’s schedule can only be done by completing a Petition form.
- If you are having trouble with uploading immunization documentation please review the Student Training newly revised to match the new E*Value.
- NURSING HOLDS have been placed on accounts that are out of compliance passports. Please log into E*Value and update your passport today! Please email Kathleen or Rychelle to get your nursing hold released.
- Picture ID – Please take a minute to upload a current picture into your E*Value account. It is very important we have one for each student for emergency or security purposes. THANK YOU!
- IMPORTANT: Allowing a passport item to expire could result in a registration hold, a delay or cessation of your rotation until the item is updated and documented, not being able to count clinical hours accrued during the time when a passport item is expired, or Notice of Unsatisfactory Performance (NUP).
- Please be aware that passport items change annually. It is your responsibility to be familiar with the requirements. The requirements can be found here: Passport information for ALL students
WSU College of Nursing Events
- February 22, 2017, 12:00 PM Analytical Brown Bag – Feb 22
- March 22, 2017, 12:00 PM Analytical Brown Bag – March 22
- April 7, 2017, 12:00 PM Research First Friday – April 7
- May 5, 2017, 2:00 PM WSU Health Sciences Spokane Commencement
- May 6, 2017, 1:00 PM WSU Tri-Cities Commencement 2017
- May 6, 2017, 3:00 PM WSU Pullman Commencement 2017
Future Class Dates
First day of instruction: 1/9/2017; last day of instruction, 4/28/2017
Tuesdays: 1/10, 2/7, 3/7, 4/4, 4/25
Wednesdays: 1/11, 2/8, 3/8, 4/5, 4/26
Thursdays: 1/12, 2/9, 3/9, 4/6, 4/27
First day of instruction: 5/8/2017; last day of instruction, 7/28/2017
Tuesdays: 5/16, 6/6, 6/13, 7/18, 7/25
Wednesdays: 5/17, 6/7, 6/14, 7/19, 7/26
Thursdays: 5/18, 6/8, 6/15, 7/20, 7/27
NURSE Corps Loan Repayment Program
The 2017 NURSE Corps Loan Repayment Program application cycle is now open and will close on February 23, 2017.
Don’t miss out on upcoming deadlines!