If you are planning to take N597, the Public Health Capstone course, please email Dr. Denise Smart, and let her know! Thank you.
Save the Date – DNP Day March 24th
Dr. Anne Mason wants you to know that we’ll hold an All Student DNP Day on March 24, 2020 from 9 a.m. -1 p.m. at all campuses/sites. The event is “Rural Health: Best practices and preparing providers.” We look forward to seeing you there.
Your MyWSU Hold
After the 30th day of classes (September 17), ALL graduate students will see a HOLD on their myWSU record. THIS IS NORMAL. You cannot change your Fall 2019 enrollment without submitting a petition to the Graduate School. Please work with your Academic Coordinator if you need to make changes to your current enrollment.
2019 Columbia River Nurse Practitioner Conference
Saturday, November 9, 2019. For more information: http://bit.ly/CRNPconference
National Rural Health Day
HRSA Virtual Job Fairs are free online recruitment events that connect students and clinicians with healthcare delivery organizations. During the fair, you will learn about available training and employment opportunities across the country, benefit packages offered, and general information about patient populations. The November event will be held in celebration of National Rural Health Day. Register now to find your next training or employment opportunity!
Geographic Information Systems in Health and Social Sciences Course
This course will prepare students to apply introductory level Geographic Information Systems (GIS) techniques to health and social science data. The course, NEP 560, will be offered Spring 2020. For more information: https://s3.wp.wsu.edu/uploads/sites/1084/2019/10/NEP-Course-560_GIS.pdf
Dropping a Course
Please let the course faculty and program coordinator know if you drop a course. Dropping a course can affect financial aid status and course progression.
MN/DNP Graduate Passport
- Check E*Value to make sure your Graduate Passport is updated.
- For the OIG/GSA requirement you do not need to do anything, that is a check that the College of Nursing will complete.
- For TB, this is an annual requirement and there cannot be a gap. If you let your TB expire then you need to do a two-step or a QuantiFERON gold test.
- Keep all previous Graduate Passport items on E*Value when uploading new ones to demonstrate continued compliance.
- IMPORTANT: Allowing a passport item to expire could result in a registration hold, a delay or cessation of your rotation until the item is updated and documented, not being able to count clinical hours accrued during the time when a passport item is expired, and/or Notice of Unsatisfactory Performance (NUP).
- Please be aware that some clinical sites may have additional requirements above and beyond the clinical passport. Students will need to complete these additional requirements in order to do a rotation at these sites.
- WSU Graduate Passport forms, links and instructions are found on the WSU website.
- Questions? Rychelle Wagner – Spokane/Yakima; Heather Kriss – Tri-Cities/Walla Walla
- Graduating Spring 2020? The application for graduation opened October 1st , with a deadline of March 6, 2020. Only students who apply by the deadline will have their names in the commencement program.
- Curious about your graduate degree deadlines? Visit the WSU Graduate School website to stay on track of all the requirements for your master’s or doctoral degree.
- Veteran’s Day is November 11.
- Thanksgiving break is November 25-29.
- For holiday breaks see the academic calendar: http://registrar.wsu.edu/academic-calendar/
- Registration: Spring 2020 registration began November 4th.
- Registration video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tnfx8adlaEw
- If you have any questions about scholarships, please access the Financial Aid and Scholarship Web page to access resources.
- The Graduate School is pleased to announce several scholarships available for your graduate students for Fall 2020 and Spring 2021. Nominations are vetted at the college-level, and the top candidates forwarded to the Graduate School. Current students must be nominated by their college dean for those scholarships for which they meet all eligibility requirements. Some scholarships have sufficient funds to make awards to several students. The scholarships amounts range from $1,000 to $4,000 per year. Each college can establish their own internal deadlines, but all nomination packages must be delivered to the Graduate School by the December 16 submission deadline. Information can be found at http://gradschool.wsu.edu/Scholarships/.Scholarships will be awarded on the strength of the required documentation, including areas such as leadership skills, research, quality of a master’s thesis or published research and scholarship, GPA and scholarly activities.
Jobs & Opportunities
- Job postings
- ThriveAP – Advanced practice providers often face a rocky transition into practice. ThriveAP’s curriculum pairs clinical and professional development topics to help ease this transition making for more proficient, productive and confident providers. Are you thriving in your practice? If not, let us help. Nervous to practice as a new grad? We can support you! ThriveAP has a rolling application and interested candidates are encouraged to apply or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.