WSU COLLEGE OF NURSING | FACULTY & STAFF
Information for New Employees
Welcome to the College of Nursing! This page is a resource for all new employees who need assistance with the on-boarding process. Listed below are several links and references for required procedures, necessary documents, and additional information that you will need as a new employee of the college.
All New Employees
We would love to introduce you to your nursing colleagues. Please email the following information to the Communications Coordinator, Sarah Schaub. We will send out an e-introduction to our nursing list with your head shot.
- Room Number:
- Quick description of what you will be doing in your position:
- Previous position held – title and company (optional):
- List a few sentences about personal areas of interest/hobbies:
- Business Cards
- Business cards can be ordered by Cathy Engel in Spokane.
Fill out the Business Card Template and submit to Cathy Engel at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions? Contact Cathy at 509-324-7213.
- Email Signature
- We strongly encourage all faculty and staff to use the WSU College of Nursing email signature for all email communication. To use the approved signature, please copy/paste the below signature into your email for consistency with the college.
Washington State University College of Nursing
P.O. Box 1495 | Room xxx | Spokane, WA 99210-1495
ph 509-324-xxxx | text/cell 509-xxx-xxxx | email@example.com
WSU College of Nursing: integrity | caring | social justice | altruism | maximizing health potential.
- Human Resources Onboarding Resources
- Refer to the WSU Human Resources website for a complete list of onboarding resources, required and recommended trainings, and new employee orientation. Also visit the New Employee Resources page.
- Magnetic Badge, College of Nursing ID, and Cougar Card
- We order magnetic badges twice annually. Nursing ID and Cougar Cards can be ordered anytime.
- Every employee has a profile page on the college website complete with a photo, contact information, etc. Please make arrangements to have your photo taken at your respective site.To schedule, contact:
- Parking Information
Help Desk & IT Support
- Blackboard Support
- Help Desk
- The Intranet is our internal website that serves the internal communication needs of faculty and staff. You must login to the site using your WSU Network ID and Password. You can use it to upload, access, share, and edit important college or department documents and calendars. You can also use it to collaborate with coworkers on projects and/or participate in group editing. Training materials are available on the home page of the Intranet to assist you in using this site. Training will be offered during fall semester.
- Learning Management System
- Faculty use Blackboard Learn as the learning management system to teach their courses. This allows for online interaction, educational assessment, and provides students with easy access to course-related materials. They are built to enhance teaching methods and learning processes of students.
- myWSU Portal is an internal website and resource for students, faculty, staff, and alumni to access secure information regarding their records at Washington State University. To learn more about myWSU, visit the myWSU portal help page.
Resources & Quick Links
- Downloads (logos, letterhead, templates, etc.)
- Handbooks and Manuals
- Ordering and Purchasing (Office Depot)
- Refer to the Business and Finance Office website for information on ordering and purchasing.
- Safety Information
- Travel Information
- Please refer to the Travel site for all information related to state travel and reimbursement.
- WORQS (WSU Online Review and Query System) is WSU’s standardized online system for faculty and AP staff to gather self-report information for annual reviews, promotion and tenure, and critical reports. It is required that every faculty and AP staff person fill out a report annually.
- WSU Human Resources
- WSU HRS site
- There are many professional and personal development trainings available to faculty and staff on the HRS (human resources) website. Consult with your supervisor if you are interested in taking additional training.
Offices and Services
The offices and services page provides links to all College of Nursing offices and departments.
- Faculty Bios
- All faculty members should have a biography page that includes information about their background, education, research, etc. Please fill out the biosketch form online. Contact Sarah Schaub at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
- New Research Grant Form
- If you receive a new grant or funding for a research project, please fill out the funded research form online. contact Sarah Schaub at email@example.com if you have questions. We list all College of Nursing funded research on our Research website.
- Research Poster Support
- If you need to create a research poster for a conference or research project, please reference our Research Tool Kit page.