- This event has passed.
The Expanding Role of Nurses in Whole Person Care
May 22 @ 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
The UW AIMS Center is hosting a free training for nurses, administration and health care leadership in Spokane on May 22nd.
This free, one-day training offers four tracks tailored to nursing role, setting and population of care. Each track will explore key tools, principles, evidence, and skills to apply when supporting whole-person care.
- Overview of Nurse Care Manager Roles Across Settings (Non-clinical)
- This half-day track is for administrators/supervisors of integrated care programs, nursing leadership, health care planners, MCO’s or those in similar roles who work across a variety of settings and populations.
- There is an optional ‘Financing and Sustainability’ session for the second half of the day
- No CNE is available for this track.
2. RN Care Manager Role in Primary Care Settings (Clinical)
- This all day track is for RN Care Managers working with behavioral health conditions such as, depression, anxiety, and bipolar disorder in primary care settings.
3. RN Care Manager Role in Behavioral Health Settings (Clinical)
- This all day track is for RN Care Managers working with Serious Mental Illness (SMI) populations with medical co-morbidities such as diabetes and heart disease in behavioral health settings.
4. Treating Opioid Use Disorder (OUD) with Medications (Clinical)
- This all day track is for RN Care Managers treating Opioid Use Disorder and their supporting team members in a variety of settings.
- Priority placement into this track will be given to those working under the WA STR Hub and Spoke Opioid Treatment Networks.
- This workshop track is sponsored by the Division of Behavioral Health and Recovery (DBHR) and the University of Washington Alcohol and Drug Abuse Institute (ADAI).
Who Should Attend?
- Current nurse care managers in primary care settings
- Current nurse care managers in behavioral health settings
- Nurses interested or anticipating moving into integrated care settings
- Nurse care managers and their team members treating opioid use disorder (OUD) with medications
- Nursing leadership, administrators, supervisors of integrated care programs
- Healthcare planners, MCOs or those in similar roles
Free Continuing Nursing Education
- CNE credits available for eligible licensures in clinical tracks! Details to come.
When: Tuesday, May 22, 2018 8:30 – 4:00 PM
Where: DoubleTree Hilton Spokane, WA
To register: https://nurses-in-whole-person-care.eventbrite.com
Questions? Contact Juliann Salisbury, firstname.lastname@example.org
Presented by the Healthier Washington Practice Transformation Support Hub and partners:
- University of Washington Advancing Integrated Mental Health Solutions (AIMS) Center
- University of Washington Alcohol and Drug Abuse Institute (ADAI)
- Division of Behavioral Health and Recovery (DBHR)