- This event has passed.
Environmental Health Research Institute for Nurse and Clinician Scientists™ (EHRI-NCS) 2023 Cohort
Do you educate, train, or mentor nurse scientists? Do you want to advance research methods in environmental health?
This tuition-free, NIH/NIEHS funded workshop is for you!
The 2023 cohort will have pre-recorded didactic course content available beginning March 1, 2023. We will also meet in real time for 5 days in person at Emory University in Atlanta, GA for June 12-16, 2023. Please note we are exploring virtual and hybrid options, including moving up to 2 days to real-time virtual days in June 2023.
You will also receive follow-up mentorship support to create a course deliverable.
Examples of course deliverables include:
- grant application
- manuscript for publication
- higher education or professional development course plan
- policy statement or civic engagement activities
- curriculum plan
- center proposal and/or
- integration of environmental health methods and measures into an ongoing program of research
We are excited to review your application!
Using a train-the-trainer approach, we welcome PhD, DNP, MD, PharmD, EdD, equivalent doctorate prepared and graduate student participants who are educating/will educate nurse scientists.
Participants will have a year-long opportunity to learn with:
- Julie Postma, PhD, RN, College of Nursing, Washington State University
- Dr. Barbara Polivka, PhD, RN, FAAN, University of Kansas Medical Center School of Nursing
- Dr. Lisa M. Thompson, PhD, RN, FNP, FAAN, Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing and Rollins School of Public Health Department of Environmental Health, Emory University
- Dr. Azita Amiri, PhD, RN, College of Nursing, University of Alabama in Huntsville and Bloomberg Fellow in the American Health Initiative at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.
- Dr. Jeannie Rodriguez, PhD, RN, APRN, Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing, Emory University
- Dr. Luz Huntington-Moskos, PhD, RN, CPN, School of Nursing, University of Louisville
- Dr. Kamal Eldeirawi, PhD, RN, FAAN, College of Nursing, University of Illinois, Chicago
- Dr. Katie Huffling, DNP, RN, CNM, FAAN, Alliance of Nurses for Health Environments
- Jessica Castner, PhD, RN-BC, FAEN, FAAN, Castner Incorporated