- This event has passed.
Cultural Competency: Hispanic Patients
08-17-2018 @ 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM
- Define culture and cultural competence
- Understand cultural differences and the complexity of diverse Hispanic populations
- Awareness of Hispanic cultures, values, and beliefs
- Awareness of perception of health and traditional health practices
- Identify barriers to care and accessing healthcare services
This Live activity, Cultural Competency: Hispanic Patients, with a beginning date of 08/17/2018, has been
reviewed and is acceptable for up to 1.50 Prescribed credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians.
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
To register: www.ewu.edu/ceculturalcompetencyhispanicpatients
Victoria D. Larios, BSN RN was born in Jalisco, Mexico to Hispanic Immigrants. She was brought
to the United States at the young age of one year old by her parents and has lived in the Yakima
area for most of her life. She pursued her nursing career after starting a family of her own and
enjoys working and caring for the undeserved Hispanic populations. She has used her knowledge
of the Hispanic culture to help care for these patients during her nursing career. Having the
background of her Hispanic roots has helped her understand the barriers to care, expectations,
and understanding of medicine these patients have in order to provider quality care to them.