- This event has passed.
BaCE Workshop: What Cultural Immersion Experiences and Sustainable Efforts Look Like and Feel Like in Community Partnerships
March 31 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Associate Professor Connie K.Y. Nguyen-Truong, of the WSU College of Nursing in Vancouver, has designed and is offering three professional workshops on subjects related to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. She is collaborating on this initiative with WSU Vancouver Building a Community of Equity (BaCE), the College of Nursing DEI Advisory Council, and the College of Nursing Professional Development office. All workshops are open to faculty, students and staff at all WSU locations.
What Cultural Immersion Experiences and Sustainable Efforts Look Like and Feel Like in Community Partnerships: Pearls and Lessons Learned as a Journey
- Date: Thursday March 31, 2022
- Time: 3:00 to 4:30pm
- Location: Zoom
- Facilitators: Connie Nguyen-Truong and Sara Waters (Co-Facilitator)
- Open to Students, Faculty, and Staff at all WSU Campuses
- This is a Group 2 workshop for Vancouver participants
- College of Nursing colleagues may receive CE through College of Nursing (contact Dr. Nguyen-Truong for more information)
- Registration link: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=ceQrtfH3tEeoeQx5m7U9tUnFo0RgPv9AizSAbimdNQxUNEdZQzlMMUtLTjVUVEtIMkVMUVhHV05NOCQlQCN0PWcu
About this session: In this interactive safe and brave community space, examples of pearls and lessons learned regarding cultural immersion experiences and sustainability in community partnerships will be presented to encourage reflection and conversations with BaCE participants. Examples will be shared such as bringing communities into classes and learners into community spaces and preventing dissolution of partnerships and their relevancy in research and scholarship, teaching, service, and practice to advance health equity. BaCE participants will be encouraged to reflect and share about weaving and navigating equity-minded strategies.