- This event has passed.
BaCE Workshop: A BaCE Synergy Session
April 13 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Associate Professor Connie K.Y. Nguyen-Truong, of the WSU College of Nursing in Vancouver, has designed and is offering three professional workshops on subjects related to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. She is collaborating on this initiative with WSU Vancouver Building a Community of Equity (BaCE), the College of Nursing DEI Advisory Council, and the College of Nursing Professional Development office. All workshops are open to faculty, students and staff at all WSU locations.
A BaCE Synergy Session: A Journey of Aesthetic Expression through Diverse Responsive Engagement and a Gallery Walk of Reflection
- Date: Wednesday, April 13
- Time: noon to 1:00pm
- Location: Zoom
- Facilitator: Connie Nguyen-Truong
- Open to Students, Faculty, and Staff at all WSU Campuses
- This is a Group 4 workshop for Vancouver participants
- College of Nursing colleagues may receive CE through College of Nursing (contact Dr. Nguyen-Truong for more information)
- Registration link: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=ceQrtfH3tEeoeQx5m7U9tUnFo0RgPv9AizSAbimdNQxUQzNCN0dDOTlFSFdFQ1dISlJLTFBGVlNYRSQlQCN0PWcu
About this session: In this safe and brave community space, BaCE participants are encouraged to attend and just be. In the Popular Education Model, also known as empowerment education, a tenet is that learning occurs using heads (cognitive), hearts (affective), and bodies (psychomotor). Participants will be encouraged to engage in social learning/artistic modalities/activities, share their aesthetic expression, reflect, and be in community with one another. Resources will be provided as examples on use of diverse modalities in engagement in research, scholarship, and teaching.