Sara WeltyLecturer, Spokane email@example.com COLLEGE OF NURSING - WSU SPOKANE 103 E. Spokane Falls Blvd. https://nursing.wsu.edu/directory/directory-profile/?nid=sara.welty
Sara is a doctoral graduate with certifications in nursing education, nursing leadership, and public health. Her experience includes development of population health based programing, including work with Spokane’s Regional Health District to create Hep C outreach and illness treatment pathways and with a local emergency department to create screening for social determinants of health to identify community based needs with the goal of reducing frequent inappropriate emergency department visits. She is passionate about creating equal health pathways for patients who are marginalized and frequently underserved.
- Doctorate of Nursing Practice – Advanced Population Health, Washington State University, Spokane, WA
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, University of Washington, Bothell, WA
- Associate Degree – Nursing, Skagit Valley College, Mount Vernon, WA
COVID-19 and the physical and social impacts on novice nurses; health care for homeless and marginalized populations; health care for sexual minorities; addiction treatment and harm reduction
- American Nurses Association – 5 years
- Sigma Theta Tau International – 4 years