Denise BeckAssistant Professor (Career Track) firstname.lastname@example.org 509-324-7283 SNRS 222C 412 E. Spokane Falls Blvd., Spokane, WA 99202-2131
Denise Beck is a Clinical Instructor at Washington State College of Nursing. She has been an instructor in Prelicensure BSN semesters for J1 Nursing Practice: Health & Illness, S1 Pediatrics, S2 Community Health, & S2 Practicum. She spent 21 years as a Pediatric ICU (Neonatal, Trauma Pediatric, Cardiac) and Pediatric Trauma emergency department. Denise has had a variety of roles including staff nurse, travel nurse, case manager, utilization review, nurse delegation, lactation consultant, legal nurse consultant, and massage therapist. She has been a preceptor/mentor since her second year as a nurse.
- MSN Nursing Education, Western Governors University, Salt Lake City, Utah
- BSN, Northeastern University, Boston, Mass.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Lactation Consultant
- Association for Nursing Professional Development (ANPD)
- Sigma Theta Tau
- American Holistic Nurses Association (AHNA)
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Case Manager of the Year New Mexico 2017-2018
- Excellence Award for exemplary work in the Policy, Politics, and Global Health Trends, July 2020
- Excellence Award for exemplary work in the Comprehensive Health Assessment Field Experience, January 2020