Annual Requirements for BSN & RN-BSN Students
The following annual requirements are for all current undergraduate nursing students in their second (or later) year of study. If you are a new BSN or RN-BSN student, please refer to the Newly Admitted Students section of our website for a complete list of requirements. You can reference this page beginning your second year at the college.
- Annual TB:Annual TB: An Annual TB (Quantiferon preferred) is required each year (before your TB expiration date). All students must submit evidence of the inoculation or a signed Symptom Check form to Castlebranch.
- Influenza: All students must submit evidence no later than October 1 each year of a current immunization against influenza.
- WSP (WATCH) Report: Go to WSP to set up an account. The cost is $11.00 with debit/credit card. The results are immediate once the information is complete. Save a copy and upload to Castlebranch. The report is due by June 30 for each fall semester.
- Liability Insurance: All clinical agencies require nursing students to have Professional Liability Insurance to perform internships at their facilities. The University requires nursing students to obtain WSU Student Liability Insurance. This is the only liability insurance WSU College of Nursing accepts and must be kept in effect continually while enrolled in any nursing course. Students must fill out and submit the liability insurance form. This policy covers your student experience, not your professional work experience.
- CPNW Clinical Learning Modules: All new and returning students must complete the Clinical Learning Modules each fall to meet the clinical agency requirements. Module instructions will be available the first week of June.