Resources for Spring and Summer 2021 Semester
On this page you will find information and resources regarding the upcoming semester. Please check your WSU email often. All communication regarding course work, labs, clinicals and programmatic changes will be communicated via email. You can expect to receive regular communication from the college. Additionally, this website will be updated as new information becomes available.
- Spokane COVID Clinic Needs – Posted 3.24.2021
- Spokane COVID Clinic Needs – Posted 3.22.2021
- Spokane BSN Program COVID updates – Posted 3.11.2021
- Updated guidance on COVID-19 testing, exposure and vaccination – Posted 2.14.2021
- Message from WSU College of Nursing Dean Mary Koithan, Jan. 25, 2021
- Message from WSU Health Sciences Vice President and Chancellor Daryll DeWald, Jan. 25, 2021
- Message from WSU President Kirk Schulz, Jan. 25, 2021
COVID Testing – Spokane
- COVID testing is available at the CCRS (AKA “Old” Bookie” on the Spokane campus on Thursday and Friday from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., and by appointment, only, at the College of Nursing Monday through Wednesday.
- Students are responsible for being tested 72 hours in advance of being on campus and/or if required by their clinical agency.
- Students, staff and faculty who completed the COVID vaccination and attested to ten (10) days without COVID symptoms following the second dose are exempted from any required testing UNLESS directed to do so by a healthcare provider or practice facility
Vaccination Locations – Spokane
Students and most faculty should be eligible as health care workers at all sites, verifiable with student ID. Staff are increasing eligible with availability.
- General Vaccine Locations (updated regularly)
- CHAS Mass Immunization Clinic at Gonzaga
- Providence (currently full – will provide more availability soon)
- Arena Mass Immunization Clinic by DOH (no appointments currently – will provide more soon)
Sign up to Volunteer at a Vaccination Clinic
- CHAS Gonzaga (new dates added)
- Summit Cancer Center (only going through March 29th)
- MLK Community Center
Classes will begin on time as scheduled and will be a mix of both flexible in-person and remote academic instruction. All didactic classes that normally meet in classrooms or conference rooms will be delivered via Zoom videoconferencing. Resources are available to assist you with virtual learning and online instruction.
On-campus time will be reserved for scheduled skills practice and simulation experiences. For learning activities that require physical contact with another individual (skills and simulation labs) the 6-foot distance requirement will be lifted. Engaging in these high touch learning activities will require students to wear a surgical mask, a medical-grade face shield, a gown, and gloves. See specific lab requirements online.
Open lab time will not be offered during fall semester.
Academic and Student Support
We realize some of the necessary changes to course delivery will affect our students, especially those with limited resources and/or access to resources. We are here to help. Below you will find a list of resources to ensure a successful fall semester.
Laptops – If you do not have access to a laptop, please contact your instructor as soon as possible. Visit our Computer Loan Program page for more information.
WiFi access – If you do not have access to WiFi or high-speed internet, please contact your instructors as soon as possible. More information regarding technology assistance can be found on the Student Care Network website.
Resources for virtual learning
- Microsoft Teams
- Zoom Video Conferencing Services
- Blackboard Learn Login
- Blackboard Learn Overview
- Student Guide for Completing Courses Remotely – Includes Blackboard Learn information and tutorials, instructions for setting up your WSU Zoom account for videoconferencing, and more.
Student Care Network
WSU’s Student Care Network is dedicated to supporting student success across the system through access to resources and early intervention. Each WSU location has a designated Student Care Team comprised of professionals who can recommend appropriate resources and services that can help students succeed.
Campus Health & Safety Measures
Each campus has a safety plan. Please refer to your campus of registration for more information.
Campus Safety & Security
Until further notice, all academic advising appointments will be held via phone, email, or Zoom videoconferencing. Please contact your advisor to schedule an appointment.
- Volunteer sign up at COVID Vaccination Clinic
- WSU Systemwide Coronavirus Updates
- WSU Spokane Health Sciences COVID-19 updates for students
- WSU Tri-Cities COVID information
- COVID-19 Community Resources for Faculty and Students
- COVID-19 Local and National Resources
- COVID-19 CDC website