Collaborative Pediatric Outreach Program: A Professional Extension of your Pediatric Clinic Team
The Washington State University College of Nursing (CON) & Sacred Heart Children’s Hospital (SHCH) Collaborative Pediatric Outreach Program (POP) aims to improve pediatric care in the Northwest by serving as a professional extension of your team. The goal of Collaborative POP is to provide quality continuing education and resources to pediatric clinics and care teams across the Northwest in an accessible and efficient format.
What We Do
Collaborative POP faculty and health professionals from WSU and SHCH provide professional assessments of pediatric care teams and facilities. Recommendations are designed based on your clinic or leadership team’s goals, and may include needs assessments, simulated experiences, shadowing and mentoring opportunities with clinicians at SHCH, continuing education, and more.
Our team can work with your schedule to provide timely consultations and recommendations. Follow up calls or future consultations can be scheduled as needed.
- Site Visits
- Individualized needs assessment of health care team members and of specific unit or clinic environment
- Policy and Procedure review and development
- Quality improvement assistance
- Site specific education based on needs assessment
- Certification courses (PALS, PEARS, ENPC)
- Simulation for specific scenarios/skills on-site, at WSU CON or SHCH
- Shadowing experiences at SHCH
- Leadership mentoring
- Continued follow up to assure goals and competencies are met.
- Opportunities for further growth and learning identified
To schedule a meeting, contact:
Cory Risse, MSN, BSN, RN
Collaborative POP Coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.org | 509-496-6662