Careers at WSU
No current openings.
The Preceptor position provides laboratory instruction and guidance to undergraduate nursing students in Yakima. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Supervise and direct student skills development, assess student execution of skills and instruct as needed to develop competency.
- Ensure students apply assessment, adaptation, and problem solving skills to skills performance in order to foster critical thinking.
- Utilize current research and relevant resources to assure reflection of current standards of practice.
- Maintain lab environment, including proper functioning of complex medical equipment, as well as appropriate models and supplies.
- Collaborate and serve as a resource for faculty.