Become an Ambassador
All Spokane J1 students are encouraged and eligible to apply to become one of up to 6 Ambassadors selected each semester to serve through graduation. Applicants must:
- Submit a completed application
- Submit a recommendation letter from a faculty member
- Complete a personal and group interview
Each application will be evaluated by a committee for interview selection. The committee will consist of the co-coordinators of the Ambassador program, Kyle Ross and Sarah Wilson, and at least one current S1 Ambassador. Final selection will be determined following a group and personal interview. The recruitment process prioritizes applicants’ skills, qualifications, and performance in the interview process for selection. However, in the event that more than six candidates exceed expectations of the recruitment process, the committee will select Ambassadors that ensure diverse representation of student backgrounds, student demographics, team dynamics, and leadership skills. This practice aligns with the College of Nursing’s value of social justice through embracing diversity and equity.
- 3.0 grade point average
- Knowledgeable about WSU College of Nursing consortium, its programs, and current nursing-related issues
- High standard of integrity and dependability
- Neat and professional appearance
- Leadership ability with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Willingness to fulfill duties established by the Dean of the College of Nursing as well as regular attendance at scheduled meetings of the group
- A commitment of, on average, 20 hours each semester
Apply to Become an Ambassador
Student Ambassador Applications are now open for positions starting December 2018. We request completion of this application and submission of the letter of recommendation by Thursday, November 1, 2018. Personal and group interviews will take place during the weeks of November 5-9 and 12-16. We anticipate to notify selected Ambassadors before the Thanksgiving break.
Only first semester (J1) students are eligible to apply. Service begins at the end of your first semester (J1).
Please be thorough in your responses to the short answer prompts. The letter of recommendation can be e-mailed to Kyle Ross (email@example.com) or Sarah Wilson (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please contact Kyle or Sarah if you have any questions.