WSU COLLEGE OF NURSING | GRADUATE PROGRAMS
Steps to Apply
(MN, Certificate, & DNP programs)
- Now accepting applications for Fall 2018!
- All applications and supplemental materials must be received by December 1st for priority review. Applications received after December 1st will be reviewed on a space available basis.
MN and Certificates
- Last day to accept applications for fall start: April 15
- Last day to accept applications for spring start: November 1
Before you Apply
- Before applying to a WSU College of Nursing graduate program, make sure you review the admission requirements for the program you are applying to.
- Prepare a 500 word statement of purpose essay that is well written, organized, and includes both your long and short-term professional goals and how your goals fit with the health care needs of your community.
- Make sure you have an updated professional curriculum vitae or résumé.
- Determine 3 references who are each willing to provide a letter of recommendation on your behalf. Ask them to discuss your leadership, academic standards, and skills as they pertain to your primary interest area. We recommend your references include a current or past faculty member in a nursing program you attended and 2 professionals from a work setting (head nurse, provider, NP/PA. etc). They will be contacted directly by WSU via email, after you have submitted your application, with directions for submitting their evaluation form. Ask them to fill out the form and submit it within one week of receiving it.
Apply to the WSU Graduate School Online
The application fee is $75 and non-refundable.
- Create your online CollegeNET applicant profile.
- When you get to the “Enrollment Plans” page, type “nursing” into the search box.
- Select your program
- Select the Campus Name you are applying to. Please select only ONE campus to apply to.
- Select the Term you are applying for. (Master’s and certificate applicants can apply for fall or spring.)
- Submit your updated professional curriculum vitae or résumé.
- Submit a 500 word statement of purpose essay that is well written, organized, and includes both your long and short-term professional goals and how your goals fit with the health care needs of your community.
- Request a minimum of 3 letters of recommendation through the online application. Your references will be contacted directly WSU via email with directions for submitting their evaluation form on your behalf. Please contact the references prior to submitting the application to ensure they are willing to respond to your recommendation request; ask them to discuss your leadership, academic standards, and skills as they pertain to your primary interest area. We recommend your references include a current or past faculty member in a nursing program you attended and 2 professionals from a work setting (head nurse, provider, NP/PA. etc). Ask them to fill out the form and submit within one week of receiving it.
- Submit your application.
- Once you submit your application, a recommendation form will be sent to your listed references. If they haven’t received the link to the form, have them check their junk mail and double check that the email address you submitted on the online application was correct.
Submit Your Transcripts
Transcripts are required for the application review process. A copy of unofficial transcripts from every college and university that you attended is acceptable for the application review process; official transcripts are required if admitted. Please refer to the Graduate School application requirements.
Complete the Online Interview Questions
Application Review Process
- You will be notified via email by the College of Nursing Graduate Programs Office that your application was received and if there any additional documents needed.
- We begin reviewing completed applications upon submission.
- You may be asked to attend an in-person or phone interview if we need clarification on your application information.
- You will be notified via email if you are accepted, wait-listed, or denied.
- Admission questions? Contact the College of Nursing by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 509-324-7445.
Congratulations! You’ve Been Admitted. Now What?
Refer to the Admitted Student section of our website for information on what’s next in the admission process. This site includes orientation information, a list of nursing requirements, important dates and deadlines, and additional resources you will need during the admission process.