RN-BSN Admission Requirements
Students interested in applying to the RN-BSN program must meet the following admission requirements:
- A current, unencumbered Washington state RN license or eligibility for licensure is required.
- Applicants must be at junior standing (60 semester hours/90 quarter hours), have a direct transferable AA/AS degree, or have a bachelor’s degree.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher in all college course work.
- Students must complete College of Nursing prerequisite courses and WSU’s University Common Requirements (UCORE) or equivalent course work. Some associate of arts (AA), associate of science (AS), or bachelor’s degrees may satisfy these requirements. Check with your academic advisor or compare your completed courses at the Transfer Credit Equivalencies website.
Please note — Graduating with the new statewide nursing transfer degree, the Associate in Nursing Direct Transfer Agreement/Major Ready Program (AN/DTA MRP) will satisfy all prerequisite/UCORE requirements.
- Minimum grade for each prerequisite course – 2.0. (Pass/satisfactory grades and CLEP scores are not accepted.)
Questions? Ask One of Our Program Coordinators
- Nursing Prerequisites and WSU Requirements
- Admission Requirements
- Program Overview
- Program Outcomes
- Program Cost
- Academic Advising
- Course Work
Ready to Apply? Visit our Steps to Apply page for more information.