PhD Admission Requirements
Apply for our 2019 cohort!
- A master’s degree from an accredited program (a baccalaureate degree from a nationally accredited program if you are interested in the bacc-PhD program)
- A minimum GPA of 3.5 or higher in the master’s program
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for applicants from countries where English is not the primary language
- Official transcripts from all previous college work
- Proof of registered nurse (RN) licensure
NOTE: We will make special accommodations for international students
- Curriculum vitae or résumé
Scholarly Work and Research Goal Statement
- Submission of scholarly work
- Written research goal statement congruent with program’s philosophy and focus. The research goal statement is a 500-word focused and concise essay. In it you should state your long- and short-term research goals and discuss how they fit with the faculty research expertise at the College of Nursing. We encourage you to contact specific faculty about research collaboration opportunities prior to completing your application. Include information about any contacts you make in your essay.
- 3 letters of reference
- Successful completion of an admissions phone interview
Additional Admission Requirements
For a complete list of nursing requirements for newly admitted students, visit our Admitted Students section.
- Admission Requirements
- Tuition Cost
- Meet our PhD Students
- Program Outcomes