Master of Health Policy and Administration
Now accepting applications for Fall 2017 and Spring 2018!
HPA has a rolling admissions cycle, with no application deadline.
Please see the Admission Requirements link to the right for further information.
The need for competent leaders who are educated in the business of healthcare is greater than ever. WSU’s Master of Health Policy and Administration (MHPA) prepares students for leadership roles in the dynamic field of healthcare management and policy. Ideal for students continuing their education or working professionals seeking advancement, this CAHME-accredited master’s program offers evening classes, a personalized project-based learning environment, strong regional and national industry connections, and competitive tuition.
About the Program
- Full or part-time plans of study are offered.
- Classes are typically held in the evening, making the program ideal for working professionals.
View required course work.
- HPA is currently on a rolling admissions cycle with no admissions deadline.
- Class size is limited to 25 students per cohort, so the department recommends early application submission.
- Students may start their studies during the fall or spring semester.
WICHE Tuition Waiver
The Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE) is a regional organization that was created to facilitate resource sharing among the higher education systems of the West. Any student that has residency in the following 15 states is eligible for a WICHE Waiver of out-of-state tuition for the Master of Health Policy & Administration program at WSU Spokane: New Mexico, Montana, Arizona, Utah, Oregon, Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho, Alaska, California, Nevada, Hawaii, North Dakota, South Dakota, Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands.
Recent 2015 graduates have secured some of the following positions:
- Senior Executive in International Business Development, Artemis Hospital, India
- In-person Assister and Outreach, Better Health Together, Spokane, WA
- Tribal Liaison, Health Care Authority, Olympia, WA
- Clinical System Analyst, Fulcrum Consulting, Inc. dba Contineo Health, Dallas, TX
- Quality Coach, CHAS, Spokane, WA
- Administrative Fellow, MountainView Medical Center, CA
- Administrative Fellow, Skagit Regional Health, Spokane, WA
- Payment Redesign Model Analyst, Health Care Authority, Olympia, WA
- Operations Development Manager, Deaconess Medical Center, Spokane, WA
- Administrative Fellow, Dignity Health, St. Francis Medical Center, San Francisco, CA
- Message from the Department Chair
- Admission Requirements
- Program Cost
- Steps to Apply
- Course Work
- Faculty & Staff
- National Job Postings
- HPA Policies & Procedures Manual
- Alumni Careers
- Advisory Board
- Online Professional Development Programs
- Apply Online