WSU COLLEGE OF NURSING | GRADUATE PROGRAMS
DNP Admission Requirements
- Post-baccalaureate DNP applicants are required to have a bachelor’s degree in nursing from an accredited program
- Post-master’s DNP applicants are required to have a bachelor’s degree in nursing or another field AND:
- A master’s degree in nursing from a program accredited by either the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education or the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission OR
- A graduate nurse anesthesia degree from a program accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs of the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists OR
- A graduate nurse-midwifery degree from a program accredited by the American College of Nurse Midwives Accreditation Commission for Midwifery Education
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher in a bachelor’s, and if applicable, master’s program
- Written goal statement congruent with program’s philosophy and focus
- Official transcripts from all previous college work
- 1 year of full-time nursing practice preferred
- Curriculum vitae or résumé
- Students must hold a current, unencumbered RN license in each state or United States territory where practice or clinical experiences occur.
International students are eligible to apply if they are eligible to obtain a current, unencumbered RN license in each state or United States territory where practice or clinical experiences occur. International applicants must meet general Graduate School international applicant requirements.
- 3 letters of reference
- Written interview
- A telephone or in-person interview may be required in addition to the written interview
Additional Admission Requirements
For a complete list of nursing requirements for newly admitted students, visit our Admitted Students section.