Application Instructions for NursingCAS
NursingCAS 3.0 is the online application for WSU’s pre-licensure BSN program. After creating your account you will have the opportunity to select the program to which you would like to apply. Applicants are charged a $55 fee for the first program selected. Additional programs are charged a $40 fee. Please note, you are allowed to select only 1 WSU College of Nursing campus each application cycle. Special designations are available for WSU, EWU, Whitworth, and transfer students to Spokane’s campus as well as designations for Tri-Cities and Yakima. Please choose the designation that best describes you at the time of admission. Choosing WSU, EWU, or Whitworth indicates you have earned at least 1 year of full-time credit with that institution.
NursingCAS 3.0 has 4 main sections as seen on your applicant dashboard. The application is a combination of standardized and program-specific requirements. To help you understand which sections need to be complete we have created the chart below. Everything listed as “not required” will not be reviewed even if you include the information with your application. However, you must acknowledge each section by clicking the box that states “I am not adding any references,” etc.
For students reapplying to our program, please visit this page for instructions on how to update your coursework: http://www.nursingcas.org/academic-update/.
- Biographic Information (all subsections)
- Contact Information (all subsections)
- Citizenship Information (all subsections)
- Other (Language Proficiency, Legal Infractions, Academic Infractions, License/Certification Infractions, Additional Questions)
- Race and Ethnicity (all subsections)
- Other (Military Status, Social Security Number)
- Family Information (all subsections)
- High School(s) Attended
- College(s) Attended (all subsections)
- College Transcripts
- Transcript Entry (all subsections, including courses planned/in progress)
- Standardized Tests (TEAS score if available)
- High School(s) Attended (Transcripts)
- Diploma in Nursing (all subsections)
- References (all subsections)
- Experiences (all subsections)
- Achievements (all subsections)
- Licensure and Certifications (all subsections)
- Documents (please upload TEAS scores if available at the time of application submission. For additional information on providing TEAS results, please see the TEAS page.
- Experience log form