Sheila joined the College of Nursing in 2014 as a clinical instructor in obstetrics and pediatrics in the pre-licensure BSN program. She is working on her Doctor of Nursing Practice at Capella University with a projected June 2018 graduation date. In 1994, Sheila began her nursing career as a labor and delivery nurse in Kennewick. After several years in labor and delivery, and a move to the eastern part of the US, she started working in women’s health and the STD clinic at the health department in Columbia, SC. Several years later, and back in the Tri-Cities, Sheila worked as a certified school nurse in Kennewick while obtaining her Master’s degree in 2013.
- BSN, George Mason University, Fairfax, VA
- MSN, Benedictine University, Lisle, IL
How adverse childhood events affect children’s behavioral, physical, and sexual health as they grow into adolescence, community health as it relates to women and adolescents, prevalence and prevention of domestic minor sex trafficking.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Women’s health, adolescent health, education, school health
- Washington State Nurses Association—2015
- American Nurses Association—2015
- Soroptimist International of Pasco and Kennewick—2015
- National League for Nursing—2014
- Sigma Theta Tau International—2013
- School Nurse Organization of Washington—2010
- National Association of School Nurses—2010