Dr. Day has been involved in academic and clinical practice education since 1999 and, since 2008, has consulted on several national nursing education-related projects including the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching’s National Study of Nursing Education and the first phase of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation-funded project Quality and Safety Education in Nursing (QSEN).
- PhD, University of California, San Francisco
- MS, University of California, San Francisco
- BSN, University of California, San Francisco
- ADN, Long Beach City College, Long Beach, CA
- Nursing and interprofessional education
- Bioethics and humanities
- New RN transition to practice
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Nursing education
- Adult critical care
HONORS AND AWARDS
- 2013-15: Josiah Macy, Jr. Foundation Faculty Scholar in interprofessional health professions education
- 2010-present: Certified Nurse Educator
- 2000-present: member, Sigma Theta Tau International
Day, L., Zeihm, S.R., Jessup, M. A., Amedro, P., Dawson-Rose, C., Derouin, A., Kennedy, B. B., Manahan, S., Parish, A. L., Remen, R. N. (2017). The power of nursing: An innovative course in values clarification and self-discovery. Journal of Professional Nursing. 33(4), 267-70. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.profnurs.2017.01.005
Day, L. Turner, K., Anderson, R.A., Mueller, C., McConnell, E.S., Corazzini, K. (2014) Teaching Delegation to RN Students. Journal of Nursing Regulation, 5(2), 10-15.
Hannewa, A F, Wendt, A L & Day, L. J. (2018) New Horizons in Patient Safety: Safe Communication; Evidence-based core Competencies with Case Studies from Nursing Practice. Berlin: DeGruyter.
Benner, P, Sutphen, M, Leonard, V & Day, L. (2010) Educating Nurses: A Call for Radical Transformation. San Francisco: Jossey Bass; Copyright: The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching.