Lauren Bolkovatz has always pursued her passion for teaching. Her area of interest is in medical-surgical nursing, specifically progressive care. She worked at Sacred Heart Medical Center for two years on the medical/respiratory floor. She currently works at Holy Family Hospital in the Acute Care Unit, where she precepts many students and new employees.
- Masters of Science in Nursing Education, Gonzaga University, Spokane, WA – 2017
- BSN, Gonzaga University, Spokane, WA – 2013
- BA, Biology, Whitman College, Walla Walla, WA – 2010
Clinical skills development, simulation, workplace violence, cardiovascular health
- Uses positive feedback to interact with students.
- Believes one-on-one interaction is key to learning.
- Pushes students to reflect and seek the answers themselves.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Medical-surgical nursing, telemetry, epilepsy
Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, 2013 – present
HONORS & AWARDS
- Johnson and Johnson Promise of Nursing Gala, Representative of Gonzaga University, 2012
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute Grant, 2009