Portrait of Dawn Garzan
Dr. Dawn Garzon, clinical professor at the WSU College of Nursing in Vancouver, has been chosen president-elect of the National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners.

Dr. Dawn Garzon of the WSU College of Nursing in Vancouver has been chosen as president-elect of the National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners. She will become president of the organization on July 1, 2018.

Garzon, PhD, CPNP-PC, PMHS, FAANP, has been active in the organization since 1995, and has chaired several committees and initiatives. She is a primary care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner with over 22 years experience in mental health and urgent and convenient care.

“Clinical practice grounds me and feeds my spirit. I am still as in love with the role now as I was when I first became a PNP,” Dr. Garzon told NAPNAP members during the recent election.

She joined the WSU College of Nursing in Vancouver in 2016 after working for nearly a decade as the PNP Emphasis Area Coordinator at the University of Missouri-St. Louis.

Dr. Garzon will assume her new duties within NAPNAP on July 1. The role is a three-year commitment with the first year spent as president-elect; the second as president; and the third as past-president.